Chapter 13

Lily just smiled; completely awestruck what her friend had written. She had heard bits of Taylor's songs before and she had been with her when random lyrics would pop into her head, but this was different. Lily had never been there to experience first hand what Taylor was singing about. She was just completely amazed how easily Taylor could put her feelings into words through a song.

Taylor felt like she was drowning in the silence. Lily still hadn't said anything and she could feel herself growing more and more apprehensive waiting for Lily to say something. Taylor slowly glanced up at her friend, trying to gauge her reaction. A few more moments of silence pass until she finally speaks.

"Taylor Swift, did you just write a song about meeting a stranger in a bar?" Lily asks in disbelief, attempting to keep a serious face while desperately trying to hold back a laugh.

No longer able to hold back, Lily bursts into a fit of laughter. Taylor smiled at her friend, shaking her head as she watched her struggle to breathe from laughing so much. Of course that would be the first thing Lily would say.

"Oh shut up." Taylor replies, blushing as she remembered their conversation the other night when Lily mentioned that and Taylor thought that idea was ridiculous. She remembered Lily's insistence that the night would be fun, saying she might meet someone, and get her happily ever after. Taylor smiled at the thought of Karlie potentially being that happily ever after. Now she just needed to figure out if the girl felt the same.

"So, what does this mean?" Lily asks excitedly, happy Taylor finally told her how she felt. Taylor blushed again, looking down and playing with her hands; unable to match her friend's enthusiasm. "I honestly don't know Lil. I don't know if she feels the same. Isn't this whole thing kind of crazy? I mean, this isn't me. I don't go out and meet strangers and, I don't know. It's just, it's so weird. It frustrating and it's exhausting Lil."

"Wait, why? Why is this exhausting? I thought you were happy?" Lily questions, confused by Taylor's reaction.

Taylor brought her eyes up to her friend. "Yea." She says simply. "I'm happier than I've been in a really long time. And that absolutely terrifies me." She whispers, almost defeatedly.

Lily isn't sure what to say to her friend. She's completely baffled as to why Taylor seemed so dejected by this when all Lily could think of was how great this was. She tried to understand what it was Taylor was saying.

"It's just, how can I like her so much already Lil? We barely know each other, and I feel like I've known her my whole life. I've never felt this way about someone. Especially not so soon. I just, I'm so scared. What if she doesn't feel the same?" Taylor's voice cracked and tears began running down her face.

Lily quickly ran over to Taylor and wrapped her up in a tight hug. She ran a hand up and down her friend's back. After a few moments, Lily pulls back, wiping away Taylor's tears. "Taylor Alison Swift. You listen to me."

Taylor slowly looks up, her watery eyes meeting Lily's sincere gaze. "Remember how you told me I should say something when I don't like the people you're dating? Well, I'm going to do that now. Except this time, I don't have a bad feeling about this. You have nothing to worry about. That girl is absolutely crazy about you. I honestly think you and Karlie are really cute together. I don't know if you guys even realize how obvious it is to everyone else. Selena and I both talked about it last night. "

"Wait, what?" Taylor shoots Lily a confused look; surprised that Selena had made no mention of this whatsoever. "What do you mean you guys noticed and talked about it? What were you talking about?" Taylor raised her eyebrow in confusion; all of this was news to her.