Sleep

Damn that boy was beautiful. I could see his hair, his smile, his eyes, his body. But falling for it. Thinking that for some reason he was different was a huge mistake. One beautiful mistake I'll never make again. I pull out my phone and call the one person I could think of. The only person that actually loved me. The only person that would miss me if I had the gun, or those pills. Sara.

"Sam? What happened?" she asks scared to death. The sound of love and worry in her voice set me off all over again. I began to ball with everything I had. Through the tears I explained to here what happened. I didn't think she would understand what the hell I was saying but she listened all the same.

"We'll be there in under an hour. Go out by the road. Don't worry," she tells me soothingly. I stand up and try to regain my regular breathing as I turn around and begin to walk back toward the road. My breathing goes back to normal and I finally answer Sara.

"Thank you. I love you Sara," I whisper as I make my way out of the forest. I can almost see her smiling on the other end of the phone.

"Love you too Sam." With that she hangs up. I look around for any sign of human life but none is visible. Patric must've left a while again for the tracks were becoming faded. I sit down and lean against a tree. It was past 4 a.m. and it had been almost 24 hours since I last slept. I'm sure I could close my eyes for just a little bit. Not like anyone would try to take such an ugly, worthless girl from the side of the road. So I sleep into sleep, not like my dreams would comfort me.