It All Makes Sense

"Samantha get your ass  up now!!" I hear being shouted at me. I flip over and see Sara, looking rather hellish truthfully, standing with her hands on her hips. She throws a pillow at me and I sit up automatically.

"What the hell?" I screech bolting straight up. Sara flips on the light and pulls me out of bed.

"I went out right after you fell asleep and got you your stuff from home," she says pulling out a bag of my things. I see a crapload of my clothes. Hairbrush, toothbrush and other bathroom things are there. I also see my laptop, its charger and my camera, along with my phone charger. I smile up at her gratefully.

"Thank you so much," I reply. She shrugs and nods at the bag.

"Get everything you need to shower. I'll be in there in 5 minutes to check you for scars," I nod and she disappears. I pull out shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, my razor and a change of clothes. I take my stuff into the bathroom and strip. I wrap my towel around me and Sara knocks on the door.

"It's good," I say. She opens the door and appears in the small bathroom with me. I stretch out my arms and she inspects them for scars. She finds a serious of scratches on my palm and looks up at me.

"I tripped last Tuesday. Concrete, you were there," she nods and looks at my legs. She goes right by my knees without saying anything about my childhood scars. Then she stands up and turns the water on. I know she's done with her inspection.

"Thank you,"  I say as she walks out of the room. I step into the warm water and sigh. Today was the first day of summer. I was a junior, a junior that had some serious issues. I shampoo my hair and begin singing the first song that pops into my head.

"And all the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding," I sing loudly as I can. I pause for a moment to rinse out the shampoo. But someone else joins in.

"There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how," I can't help but laugh as I recognize the distinct voice. I put in the conditioner and sing along with her, taking the octave down.

"Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me, and after all, you're my wonderwall!" We bust out laughing as I later my body in soap. I can hear her open the door and I can tell she's sitting against the wall. Waiting for me to start another song.

I know exactly what song would work with the mood I'm in. It would also sound fantastic with the both of our voices. Classic rock, Led Zepplin.

"Oh, Baby, it's cryin' time, Oh, Baby, I got to fly. Got to try to find a way, Got to try to get away, 'cause you know I gotta get away from you, Babe. Oh, Baby, the river's red, Oh, Baby, in my head.

There's a funny feelin' goin' on, I don't think I can hold out long," I start out slowly. I pick up the razor and get to work.

"And when the owls cry in the night, Oh, Baby, Baby, when the pines begin to cry, Baby, Baby, Baby, how do you feel? If the river runs dry, Baby, how do you feel?" we sing in harmony. I slowly feel my throat closing up and I'm thankful that Sara takes up the next verse.

" Craze, Baby, the rainbow's end, Baby, it's just a den for those who hide, Who hide their love to depths of life and ruin dreams that we all knew so, Babe," she sings breathtakingly. I rinse off and turn off the water.

"He went after you?" she asks I reach out and wrap the towel around my body before moving the curtain. I know she means after I got him to pull over. I think back to it and step out of the shower. I squeeze out my hair into the sink.

"Yeah," I reply turning around. She raises her eyebrows and tilts her head. Before I can ask her why she was wondering she got up and disappeared out the door.

He went after me, which means something. If I didn't care about someone then would I run after them or would I let them walk off? I would go after them, and look for as long as I could. Which he did. He spent about 10 minutes looking for me. That's when what Sara asked makes sense.

He DOES care.