Oblivious

The black haired man stood still behind the tree, he didn't mean to eavesdrop or anything but he just didn't have the right time to reveal himself to the girls and now there's nothing he could do other than listening to the girls talk.

When he heard the first girl talking, he blushed; hard because she's someone he had crush on for years but he never got any chance to confess most probably due to reason that he always run away when he's about to encounter her.

"This is not fair, Ino! Why him of all people in this school? Why Naruto? He could choose any girls that he likes, and even you but why him?"

The blond girl named Ino that he recognized as his crush's frenemy said nonchalantly, "Why not? Come to think of it, even though they just recently got the chance to have a real, proper conversation. You said you witnessed Sasuke treating Naruto nicely, even more than how he ever did with Neji or you. And recently, I noticed that Sasuke's mood got better too."

Sakura fumed, clearly not accepting any of the things that Ino just said. She stood and yelled back, "I don't get him at all Ino. Sasuke-kun chose another person over me, a boy to be exact! Naruto, who is he? A nobody. He's just a transfer student, a tyrant, a troublesome troublemaker! I've known Sasuke even longer than that blondie so why, why on earth Sasuke is so attracted to him?"

"I don't know, Sakura. Love is blind after all. If that person was a girl, we surely could do something to annoy the hell out of Sasuke-kun but hey, we're talking about a boy over here. Why don't you forget about him, like I did?" Ino suggested first since Sakura didn't show any sign of wanting to move on from liking Sasuke.

At first Sakura was biting her nails, then shaking her head for a couple of times before she stood up walking back and forth.

"I can't. I've done so many things back then in order to come this far and now you want me to forget everything and move on? Letting him to be happy with his choice meanwhile I suffered on my own? Alone? No, I will not allow that to happen."

"Oh dear." Ino sigh worriedly. She also stood up, approaching the tense pink haired girl before saying, "Sakura, listen. It's not worth it, trust me. You deserve so much better than this. Revenge is not the only way for you to gain back your happiness."

"No Ino, I'm sure I'll will be happy if they didn't get to be together." Sakura said in serious tone. Looking as determine as she always be, Sakura spun around and left the scene, with Ino chasing after her.

"Sakura! Sakura, wait for me."

Not long after Sakura and Ino left the bench, the black haired boy went out from his hiding as his eyes sparkled, almost getting excited over something. His loving gaze then turned into a mysterious glint. He breathe in some fresh air, while mumbling a name, "Uzumaki Naruto huh?"

*****

"Kiba, Kibaaaaa." Naruto called from behind, still running to match the distance between him and Kiba. When he succeeded, he wailed like a sad dolphin.

"What the heck Naruto? What's wrong with you?" said the annoyed boy.

"Haruno senpai is avoiding me."

"What makes you think that senpai is avoiding you? She's our senpai silly Naru, Haruno senpai isn't someone who you can bother anytime you wants. She must be busy with the practices too since the Sports Day is almost here... well, tomorrow."

Naruto linked his arm together with Kiba, with his head leaning on Kiba's shoulder adding more weight that it should be; much to Kiba's annoyance. He added, "But, she usually does have time for me Kiba! Did I hurt her feelings or anything? I don't think I ever did that but shit, what if I did? Kiba, help me!"