Faded Away

"Today's the day. It's now or never Sasuke. Man up and go for it." Sasuke said to himself, chanting encouragements while looking at his reflection in the mirror.

He applied some concealer under his eyes, to cover up the eye bags that he got from last night all because of he stayed up to rehearse for his confession.

It have to be perfect! Sasuke chanted to himself for a couple of times.

He flashed the best kind of smile that he can do even though Sasuke doesn't like smiling, until his face starts hurting; all for the sake of his crush.

"Now, you're good to go!"

***

"... I hope that every students will enjoy this event. Play safe guys and don't injure yourself okay, or else I'll have to answer to each of your parents and that's too much." Miss Tsunade said, earning a handful of laughters from everyone. They cheered for her.

All of the students were dismissed to their own teams.

"Where are you going? Our team should go that way."

Neji looked at the raven, while others already walked to the booth that was assigned to them. They got so much preparations to make when the events started.

"I'm going for a walk, who knows if I could see him by accident." Sasuke answered shortly and looking so innocent that he failed. He tried.

"Oh, no. No. No. I've promised our classmates that I would keep you in control. Come on man, let's not do this confessing shit, and focus on the games first alright?" Neji suggested. How could he forgot about this. He remembered Sasuke mentioning about confessing to Naruto during the Sports Day.

Sasuke gave the long haired boy a pat on the shoulder before smirking. He could see the daggers Neji was throwing at him.

"Winning is not important anymore, Neji. Today's the day, I could feel it. I should go and find him or else, I don't think I can stand a chance to do it anymore."

"But I think he would be happier if he learn about your winnings. You can show off your great athletic skills when you did that. He would be amused." Neji pointed it out. He hoped that Sasuke would fall for his trick.

"Why I didn't think of that? Let's go then." Sasuke suddenly said after taking the bait that Neji feed him. He already thinking of the scenarios of what's going to happen later.

And he did. Neji rolled his eyes. This boy have become a fool after he fall in love.

**

The day ended pretty soon and the next thing they all know, they already had the ceremony for the winners and already cleaning the mess they've made that day.

"Oi, you there. Dog's breath."

"What the hel- Hyuga senpai? Uchiha senpai?" Kiba was shook to see the two most famous upperclassmen was talking to him. He stopped picking up the trash and asked, "What can I help you with?"

"Where's is he?" Sasuke asked, using informal speech. Neji and him has been walking around the school trying to find the blond but he was nowhere to be found. He asked the students too yet no one has ever seen him.