Part Ways

"Your attitude now is worrisome, Sasu. Open up, are you still breathing in there?" Itachi asked after knocking the expensive wooden door imported from somewhere he didn't care. When he received nothing in return, as for freaking usual, he scratched his head.

Wondering what he should do next, he said "It's been almost a month since you stopped going to school, our parents are worried and so did your teachers. Do you hear me?"

Itachi sighed, it's not working well. Maybe he should just go. The older man knocked the door for the last time while saying, "You know you're not alone, brother. Come out when you feel like it, it's alright."

Just when Itachi already decided to go, he heard a click sound that made him turned to the huge room in front of him again. He saw a crack and he knew his brother is letting him in.

The room was so trashy that Itachi couldn't even see any clean spot to walk by. The books was on the floor and clothes already started smelling bad here and there. It was so dark that no light could even enter the room.

"Sasuke?" He called out, his eyes focused upon a bundle of comforter on the bed. He could see the raven hair due to the lamp besides the bed.

He sat at the edge of the bed, feeling his lower body sunk in the bed. Itachi's hand reached the soft hair and ruffled it. "Come on brother, talk to me. What's wrong?"

After a few silent moments, Itachi saw his brother head peeking through the comforter, it made him smiled. He motioned Sasuke to sit properly, covering his body with the comforter.

Itachi noticed the bloodshot eyes, assuming that his brother must've been crying all day, all weeks. Even his complexion looks terrible.

"Why?"

Sasuke hesitated at first, he shut his eyes and said, "I feel like dying,"

"Did someone treat you badly at school?" Itachi guessed but he knew that wasn't it. His brother isn't someone that one could easily bully or anything. "Or is this got to do with the one you likes? I heard Neji talked about this before."

"That loudmouth." Sasuke mouthed.

"Brother, it's fine if that person doesn't like you back, there's tons of girls who would want to go out with you. So what if she rejected you? That doesn't mean you can give up and be like this."

"No, you've got it all wrong." Sasuke shook his head.

Itachi frowned. "I don't think so? Sasuke, show her that without her you could be happy, fuck even happier than when you guys were together. Tru-"

"Aniki, listen!" Sasuke bursted out.

"Sorry."

"I like a boy, not a girl." The younger started, waiting for a response.

"Was I hearing things? I think I've just heard you sayin-"

"Do you remember those days when I used to be so rebellious that even our parents don't know how to handle me? That's when I met him." Sasuke went down to the memory lane. About that time when he first saw that ball of sunshine. "He's the reason why I'm still going to school, everyday. Just because of him. I wanted to see him. I did everything I could to get to know him. I investigated about his backgrounds, I knew what he likes and not, yes everything."