11

Liam was in his room trying desperately to keep his other side hidden. He had been at it all night and so far hadn't gotten anywhere. He was seriously debating whether to tell Niall or not.

He weighed his pros and cons. On the one hand, Niall wouldn't be mad and he'd help him. On the other, he might be so disgusted and so disturbed that he wouldn't want to help or be his friend anywhere. If that ever happened, he'd be back where he started, homeless and out on the street.

This is it. I'm going to do it. He thought. I'm going to tell him.

He took one last look at himself in the mirror before exiting his room, and walking down the hall to Niall's room.

"Li?" Niall said, when he opened his door. Liam looked at him, suddenly nervous again. Why on earth did he think he could do this?

"Did you need something? Why are your eyes turning a different color? Liam..." Niall asked.

"Show." Liam mumbled.

Niall looked confused as he watched Liam scoot back and slowly transform.

"Li..." Niall had a hand to his mouth. "What-?"

Liam looked up at him. "Please..." he whimpered.

"Oh my god. You – you're..." Niall was at a loss for words. "Is this what you've been hiding?"

Liam nodded. "Don't be ashamed."

"I'm not ashamed, but answer me first, what are you?"

Liam looked up at him. "Monster. The monster you should be afraid of." He whispered.

If Niall wasn't afraid before, he certainly was now and he was terrified of Liam.