10

"Hey, Li, I managed to get some time off from work to hang out with you. That okay with you?"

Liam looked over at him. Ever since he had heard what Harry said, he'd become even more terrified.

All he wanted was for someone to understand him. Was that so hard to wish for something like that?

Liam shrugged and looked down. "We could play one of your games, or we could read a book, or we could go for a walk; get some fresh air."

Liam shook his head fiercely. That was the last thing he wanted. He just wanted to stay indoors where no one could judge him.

Louis and Niall had. Liam had even heard Louis call him his friend; and Niall had taken him in so that means Niall trusts him and wants to be his friend, right?

"Alright, if walking's out, do you want to play a game or read a book?" Niall asked.

Liam looked at Niall. "Left hand for games; right for book. Just hold your hand up."

Liam looked down at his hands. "This one's your left," Niall said, pointing to his left hand, "and this one's your right." Niall said, pointing to his right hand.

Liam looked down at his hands and slowly lifted his left.

"You want to play your games?" Niall smiled.

Liam slowly nodded. "Okay, let's go get them to play." Niall got up and went to grab them.

"Which one do you want to play first?"

Liam shrugged. "How about your colors?"

Liam shrugged again. "Alright, let's do your colors." Niall said and pulled out the cards.

"Show me purple." Niall asked.

Liam timidly reached out for the purple card.

"Good job. Now green."

Again, Liam reached out for the green one.

"Excellent." Niall praised. "Louis would be so proud." He smiled.

"I broke up with Harry." Louis said when he got home from University.

"Oh, Lou, I'm so sorry. I know you really loved him." Niall said, getting up and hugging him.

"It's okay. We were fading and distancing anyway. It was only a matter of time. Besides, he made fun of my friend and no one makes fun of my friends." Louis said while looking at Liam.

Niall smiled. "I don't know if this helps or not, but I have a friend named Eleanor. She's single, too. She just recently broke up with her boyfriend."

"Thanks, Ni, but I think I'm just going to enjoy being single for awhile. There's things I want to accomplish first before I even think about settling down again." He smiled.

"I understand. LiLi and I were playing your games."

Liam looked between Niall and Louis. He didn't know why, but he felt at home. Almost like he belonged here.