7

Louis gave in to Niall and decided to give Liam a second chance. He just hoped Liam won't run off again.

"Alright, Liam, I think the first day scared you, so we're going to try something different. We're going to try games, and hope that works. Alright, let's start..."

They had been playing games all morning, doing everything from practicing words to reading to writing, math, science, everything; needless to say, Louis was very impressed and very proud Liam hadn't run again.

"I'm home! Anybody here?" Niall called as soon as he got in.

"Kitchen! Come here, Ni, you should see this." Louis called back.

Niall walked into the kitchen. "Yes?" He asked.

"Watch this, alright, Liam, last game; show Niall your colors," Louis said as he messed up the cards. "Show me pink." Louis asked as Liam went over and tapped the card then flipped it over. "Good job, Liam!" Louis cheered. "Ni, you try."

"Show me...yellow." Niall requested. Liam tapped the card then flipped it. "That was very good.  Good job." Niall praised.

And that's how they concluded their evening; playing games and doing trivia to strengthen Liam's mind.

"So, games and trivia actually helps?" Niall asked, sipping from his tea. The two were currently sitting on the couch drinking from their tea. Liam had gone to bed ages ago, leaving the two friends.

"Surprisingly, yes, I think the first time really scared him and that's why he ran and hid, but with games, I don't even think he realizes he's learning. We played a trivia game for the past rulers and after a few tries, he finally got it."

"Has he started talking yet?"

"Not in full sentences, but he can speak a few words. He more like utters them."

Niall nodded. "He looks at me in a sort of protective way. Almost like he's protecting me from something...or someone."

Louis scratched his face. "Are you sure that's what you're actually seeing and not imagining things?"

"I don't know! I probably am. Can you do me a favor?"

Louis looked at him. "Yeah, anything."

"Watch him. See how he does, how he reacts, when I'm not around. Look for any warning signs. Any symptoms. Something that might give him away. I know there's something within him, I just don't know what." Niall sighed.

"I can do that. We're starting Greek mythology tomorrow, and I have games set up for the topic."

Niall laughed.