67. Epilogue Part 2

I woke up, only to feel that the space next to me was cold. No Luke. Eh. whatever. Maybe an interview or something else came up. I got out of bed and walked downstairs in my pyjamas, which consisted of baggy sweatpants and an oversized Nirvana shirt. I walked to the kitchen and saw a note sticking to the fridge. "I'm out for a while. I'll be back at 10." Was written on it, in Luke's handwriting. I smiled and put the note back. I opened the fridge and grabbed everything to make one hell of a sandwich. I put the coffee machine on and made the sandwich. I heard the front door slam shut and looked up, to see Luke standing there, smiling... Weirdly. Like he's... Nervous? "Hey, where have you been?" He took a deep breath and pecked me on the cheek before sitting down on one of the kitchen stools. "Well... I... I got a tattoo." He said. My eyes widened. "What?" I said, not really knowing if he was joking or not. He shrugged with a small smile. "8 years in a band and now you've decided to get a tattoo? Let me see it." I said. He slowly got out of his jacket and there was a huge bandage on the outside of his right underarm. He watched my expression carefully like he wanted to know what I'd think of it. He slowly removed the bandage, and there were a few roman numbers tattooed on him. It was a date. That was the first thing I noticed. I looked at it with a frown and began to decode the numbers. "So... 22?" I asked and he nodded. "6... So June?" I asked. This is weird. "Two thousand... Nineteen?" I asked and he nodded. "But... Isn't that today?" I asked, still being very confused. He smiled again, I could see him tremble, gosh he was nervous. "You wanna know why?" He asked. "Eh, ya." I said immediately. His hand glided into his back pocket and it was a small, wooden box. And then it began dawning on me. He hoisted his black skinny jeans up before going down on one knee. What? What what what? He is? Fuck. What is he? What? He opened the box and there was a beautiful ring inside. He looked up to me with his big blue eyes. GOSH. GOSH NO. WHAT. I DON'T... WHAT?! My hands automatically flew up to my mouth and tears blurred my vision. "Skyler Quinn Mitchell." He began. Am I hyperventilating? I don't think so. But I think I am. What is breathing? I held back a sob. "I didn't prepare a speech, because we both know I'd probably forget the whole thing because I'm so nervous, so erm... I just love you so so so much and we've been through so much together. So just erm... Straight to the point." He chuckled nervously. "Do you want to marry me?" A sob escaped my lips and my knees buckled underneath me. I threw my hands around him in a tight hug while I let out a soft "Yes". He froze for a second before he hugged me back tightly, rocking me back and forth, trying to calm me down. He pulled back and I saw tears in his eyes before he crashed his lips onto mine. It was a relieved, happy kiss. "Gosh, I love you so much." I said when he pulled away. "I love you more." He said and we were both smiling brightly. "Fuck, I look like a mess." I said, looking down at my pyjama and imagined my birdnest hair and my tear-stained cheeks. "But that doesn't matter, because you're already mine." He said while grabbing my hand and sliding the ring slowly on my ring finger. His touch left a trail of tingles and the ring felt cold against my skin. My gaze caught the beautiful ring. It was beautiful. Really, really beautiful. "You are so perfect... I just... And that tattoo... Wait. Is it real?" I asked and he chuckled. "Yea, it's real." I smiled brightly and leaned in. He pecked my lips and after that my nose. "You're a cutie."