33. What to do

"So... What can we do without going out? Something fun, but we'll stay inside?" I asked Anna over the phone. Luke asked me what I wanted to do for our date, but we couldn't really go outside, because we're a secret and all that. Oh yea. And Calum and I were 'dating'. So nope. We didn't let anybody know yet though. He'd tell the media if someone asked him at an interview or something, but not earlier. "Lemme think..." Anna said and I heard her tapping her chin. "A movie?" She asked. "That's our last option, if we really don't know anything else." I said. "Cooking something together?" I snorted. "You know the last time I cooked, an egg exploded?" I said and she laughed. "Oh, yea. That was hilarious." She said and began laughing again. "Back to the point." I said and she stopped laughing. "Gaming? You love gaming. And he loves gaming too, so..." She suggested. "I don't know... I don't think he wants to after I beat him in battlefield." I said. "Well, then there's only one option left..." She sighed. "Dress up as old people and go to the movies, the fair, picnicking, something like that." I chuckled. "Great idea!" I said as sarcastically as possible. My phone buzzed and I looked who it was. "Ah, Luke's calling, gotta go." I said. "You choose him over me?!" Anna said dramatically before I hung up and took Luke's call. "Hey, whadup?" I asked. "Hey babe, about that date..." My insides fluttered. "What is it?" I asked. "Should we just order Chinese food and watch a movie or something? Or gaming?" He said. "Yea... I couldn't really think of anything else too. But I'm okay with that." I said with a smile. "Okay. Your place?" He asked. "Yea, sure. Anna is staying at a friend's tonight, so that's good. You'll be here around 6?" I asked. "Yea, sure. See you then." He said. "Byee." I hung up and smiled brightly. I looked at the time and it was 5.30 already. Fuck, he was coming here. I looked around my bedroom and it wasn't as big of a mess as usual, but still a little bit. I picked up some clothes from the ground and put them in the washing machine. After I was done I made my bed and opened the curtains. My room looked... Okay. Luckily I already showered, did my hair, put on makeup, all that stuff. But I was still in my pyjamas. Don't judge. I walked to my closet and looked at the choices I had. Hmm. I just had to dress normal. That's one thing I know. I decided to go with my black skinny jeans with a couple holes in them and a Coca-Cola top. I sprayed some perfume on and at that moment the doorbell rang. "Coming!" I yelled while putting a pair of my favorite socks on. *imaginary whisper* They are pirate socks. And they're awesome.

I opened the door with a bright smile and expecting Luke to be there. But no, it was the Chinese delivery guy. "Delivery for Mr. Hemmings?" He asked and I nodded. Just at that moment the elevator dinged and Luke came running out. When he saw the delivery guy and my confused expression he stopped running and sighed loudly. "Here, I'll take it." He said. The delivery guy handed him the bag of food and Luke gave him the money. The guy did this half-bow thingy and walked away. Luke turned to me and smiled cheekily. "Hey babe." He said while pecking my lips and walking inside. "What was that all about?" I asked with a small smile. Knowing Luke, it was probably something ridiculous. I closed the door and walked to the living room, him following me. He set the bag on the coffee table and plopped down on the couch. I sat next to him. "Okay. Well, when I called them to order, they were like: 'Ni Hao and welcome to Huang-Chao Chinese delivery, with the fastest delivery you've ever seen. What do you want to order?' And I thought that they probably weren't that fast, so I ordered and quickly made my way up here, but they were right... They were faster than me." He pouted. I chuckled. "You're crazy." I stated. He fake glared at me. "But you love it love it love it, uh oh." He sang while leaning into me. "Yes I do." I whispered before his lips came crashing onto mine. He pulled me on his lap and this was actually really comfortable. I pulled away and smiled. "I've been waiting all day to do that." He said. Just at that moment his stomach growled. "Let's eat." I chuckled. I grabbed two plates from the kitchen and knives and forks. Luke had unpacked the Chinese food, which was a lot. "I didn't really know what you liked, so I bought different ones." He said. "If it's Chinese, I'll eat it." I joked. But at the same time it wasn't a joke. "So... which movie?" I asked while turning Netflix on on the TV. "Umm... I don't know if you like that one, nah I don't think so. It's very bloody. Nevermind." He said and thought of another movie. "Which one?" I asked. "Nahh, you won-" "Tell me!" I cut him off. "Kick-Ass?" He asked and my face lit up. "I love that movie! Bloody my ass, that's nothing." I said. "Well, Kick-Ass then?" He chuckled and I nodded. I searched for the movie on Netflix and turned it on as soon as I found it. I piled some food on two plates and handed Luke one. I sat on his lap sideways and put my plate on my lap. He put his plate next to him. I knew this isn't a movie most girls would watch, but I love it. I snuggled into him and his arm was around me.

When the movie was over I brought the plates into the kitchen. I heard him standing behind me and his arms slipped around his waist. "You needed help with Fireproof right?" I put the plates in the sink and turned around. "You really don't have to do that." I said. "No, I want to. I'd love to help you." I smiled. "I really want you to win this competition, and I'd do anything to make that come true." He said and I smiled brightly. He was too sweet. "As long as it isn't cheating." I said in all seriousness. He chuckled. "Well, we're already breaking the rules right?"

I handed him my acoustic guitar and I plugged my electric guitar in the amplifier. I had my laptop with the track next to me. We were both sitting on my bed. He listened to the track and nodded when it was over. "I think you need to add a little bit more drums, and background guitar." He said and I nodded. I was working in Garageband, so it wasn't hard to add drums. "And for the background guitar just chords. And then you do your thingy on stage." He said and I nodded. "So just the same chords over and over again." I said and he nodded. "Well, I think they're a bit different at the chorus, but you get what I mean." I nodded and played it once before plugging my guitar into my laptop instead of the amplifier. I started the track and recorded it. I started playing the chords, and when I was done I stopped recording and listened to the track. "Do they need to be a bit louder?" I asked Luke and he nodded. I put the volume of the guitar a little bit up and listened to the song again. It really sounded better. "And now only the guitar I do live?" I asked and he nodded again. "Yeah. Let's play everything together now." I plugged my guitar in the amplifier again and put the volume a little bit up. I connected my laptop with the speakers all over my room and started the track. I began with the solo and saw Luke looking at me intently from the corner of my eye while I was concentrating on the guitar. I didn't sing yet, that would come later. When I was sure the whole track was done.

After I played along to the whole track I saved it and opened it with iTunes. "Now sing too." Luke said with a smile. I shrugged and played the song again, while singing.

When the song was over I didn't notice it went to the next song already, since it was in iTunes.

They're gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies in the books
To make a citizen out of you

Because they sleep with a gun
And keep an eye on you, son
So they can watch all the things you do

Luke and I looked at each other before jumping up and singing along loudly.

Because the drugs never work
They're gonna give you a smirk
'Cause they got methods of keeping you clean
They're gonna rip up your heads,
Your aspirations to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine

I grabbed my guitar tightly, jumped up and played along while jumping and singing.

They said all teenagers scare the living shit out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me
Ohhh yeah!

There was the guitar solo and I played along with my guitar. I absolutely loved this song.

Teenagers scare the living shit out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed

So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose

Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

The song ended and I fell on the bed, face first. "That's the most exercise I've done in years." I said while breathing heavily. "Well, get used to it, because that's what performing is like." Luke said. I turned around so I was laying on my back. Luke chuckled and lifted himself up, so he was hovering over me. He leaned in and his soft lips pressed onto mine.