Amber's P.O.V.: Saying Goodbye

Chapter 6

Amber's P.O.V.: Saying Goodbye

I was shaking a bit, actually make that alot, as we entered the justice building. I sat down and waited in the room I was in....

First, my dad entered in on crutches. Right behind him was my best friend Andrea, better known as Andy.

We met working in the fields. Her mother was paralyzed and her dad had died. We were both working triple and bonded over that.

"Andy!" I cried and ran over to her. I sobbed into her shoulder..."Shhh, I know honey. It's going to be okay." Andy said softly.

"How could it possibly be okay!" I screamed. We spent all visiting time discussing what will happen. And when anyone asked she would say he is her uncle and I was her cousin.

" But Andy, how will you take care of your mom AND my dad while working more than usual " "Don't you remember? We can only work for any parents or siblings that can't work. Not uncles! And well I'm Andrea Brendendson I've got it under control. " Andy was the smartest girl in district 11.. She would be more likely to win the Hunger Games if she was ever entered.

I quickly composed myself. Before they were dragged away, I hugged them both.

As I hugged Andy I said, "Please promise everything will be alright."

"I promise" she whispered.

As I hugged dad I whispered to him, " Stay strong no matter what you see on the T.V."

"I'll try my baby. I'll try."

Then before they left dad said, " When ever you're in trouble remember our little song." Then they vanished.