Cliche's P.O.V: The Journey to the Capital

Chapter 9

Cliche's P.O.V: The Journey to the Capitol

We left the Justice Building and headed to the train. We hopped inside. I looked around. I had never seen such fine materials before in my life!

D*mn! The capitol steals all the good stuff!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Pat O Lankybottom spoke.

"Your mentor will be Zackaya Long, our district's recent victor." Pat gestured to a girl who looked about 18 and smiled at her.

I remembered watching her as a 13 year old in the games 5 years ago. I was young, but she amazed me. She used her knowledge and wit to lead her to victory! Others at my orphanage thought she was a coward, but oh were they wrong wrong.

She had set up elaborate traps to kill tributes and animals. In a short amount of time, she had set up a layout of landmines around her camp. She would trick tributes to come by making a fire. They would see the smoke and come to her camp. She had a VERY large area. Therefore, she could back away to a distance they couldn't hurt her. They would walk forward and then fall into her trap and blow up.

In the final four the tributes were pushed together by mutts. They were evil cows. (Or so I had been told... I couldn't see the spots) They went away once they were all together. The four people left were the girl from 6, the boy from 10, her district partner, Luke Wayland, and Zackaya.(She had fooled and killed ALL of the careers!)

She saw the girl from 6 and the boy from 10 battle for dominance. The boy won. He stabbed her in the throat and she choaked on her blood. He then ran to Zackaya. He threw a knife at her. Before it could hit Zackaya, Luke dove in front of her. It hit him in his heart, ending his life.

Zackaya grabbed an ax she had and chopped as hard as possible at the boy from 10's head. It beheaded him.

She held his head up and screamed,"This is what a b*tch looks like!"

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Zackaya.

"Did you hear me?" she asked.

"No," I mumbled softly.

I could feel Fuze rolling his eyes at me.

"I asked you if you wanted to train together or separate." she stated simply.

"Separate" I said with a sigh.

"Okay! Well we are going to have a feast later, so I will show you both to your rooms." Pat cheerfully exclaimed.

We walked out of the dining car and walked into the long hallway. The first room on the right was Fuze's room. The next room on the left was mine.

I walked in and headed to the dresser. I put on a pair of jeggings and a simple tank with a pair of ballet flats. I prayed that the colors were some what coordinated. These clothes were made with such fine fabric!

When I was about to head to dinner, Zackaya came in.

"It's not quite time for dinner yet." Zackaya told me,"I want to know your background."

"Umm ok..I grew up as a color blind orphan. The kids at my orphanage were mean. I grew up feeling alone.... I actually met my birth mother at the justice building for the first time. I need you to help me win because I was ready to give up and die, but now I have something to fight for and with the riches my mom will be able to take care of me." I said.

"I want to help you, trust me, but I need to know your strengths." she said.

"I hate to disappoint you, but I don't know my strengths." I said defeated.

"That's okay! We'll have you figure it out in training." Zackaya replied.

_____________________________

It was time for dinner, so I headed to the dining car.

As I entered, I took in all the amazing sights and smells. I sat down in a chair. Zackaya sat next to me. Fuze sat across from me(He kept staring into my eyes...) Pat sat next to him.

"Tommorow we will arrive in the capitol!" Pat giggles like a little girl.

"When we arrive you will be taken to the training center. You will be madeover by your prep team NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO, go along with it. Then you will meet your stylists. They will dress your for the opening ceremony. After that you'll go to our floor and then you both are heading to the tribute feast. The next day, you will go for your first day of training." says Zackaya.

_____________________________

I went back to the cabin I was in and got into bed.

Tommorow I'll be in the capitol.

A/N Hope this chapter makes up for the other short chapters! ;)

~Katie and Stella and Bill the goat oh and duh Joe the llama