Amber's P.O.V: The Journey To The Capitol

Chapter 10 

Amber's P.O.V: The Journey To The Capitol

We stepped onto the platform. Soon, we entered the dining car. I prepared to meet our mentor, but I already knew who they were. Our mentor would be th e ONLY victor we have ever had.

He is a constantly hungover, drug addict who won the 20th Hunger Games at age 15. I have no idea how he won OR how he could help us. His name is Cole North.

"We are going to have dinner later, but for now, go to your cabins and we'll see you at dinner." exclames Aritina Ongelnettle,"One of the avoxes will show you to your room."

A petite woman showed me to my cabin. I entered and got a shower. I walked over to the dresser and got out jeans, a crop tee, an under shirt, and combat boots.

I plopped down onto the bed. There was a TV, so I decided to watch the reapings.

The careers were scary(as usual). In district 3, I prayed for the girl because I could see in her eyes she was alone. Her district partner looked like a career(maybe the Mayors boy).

No one else stood out to me until I saw our district. I did a good brave face, and I was proud of myself.

Then, I saw District 12. OMG! That boy volunteering for his little brother. And they were a family! God, that boy, Ash, is HOT! SNAP OUT OF IT AMBER!! You have to be in a fight to the death with him.

They are definitely on my list of allies... 

_____________________________

I walked to the dining car. The table was FILLED with food of all sizes, colors, and smells.

I took a huge plate and filled it to the edge with food. I tried not to eat it too fast, so I wouldn't throw up. Aritina was staring at me like I was a clown from another planet.

"Just because I'm hungry is not a reason to stare, Ongelnettle!" I screamed at her,"It's not my fault I'm STARVING all the time!"

We finished the meal in silence. I just smirked with satifaction. I was gonna go to a fight to the death, might as well have fun with it ;). Que evil laugh. He he. 

_____________________________

The girl from 1 got on top of me. She pulled out a knife and started CUTTING UP MY FACE! I could taste my own blood.

She carved little hearts into my cheeks and arms. I started choking on my blood as she moved to inside my mouth. The last thing I heard was a cannon.... 

_____________________________

I woke up covered with cold sweat. WORST dream EVER. I went back to sleep, thinking about the hot guy from 12.