Ash's P.O.V.: The Reaping

Chapter 3

Ash's P.O.V.: The Reaping

Alright, I'm just going to be honest here, my life pretty much sucks. Why? Well first my dad got laid off from his job as a coal miner, second my mom is a lazy stay at home mom, and finally I have 5 sisters and 3 brothers not including me. And adding to that all of us are still coping from my older brother's recent death in the Hunger Games. These days I'm the oldest....

Today was the day of the reaping. So far I have been really lucky. I've gone 15 years without being chosen... Which is good because my family can't survive without me. Only 3 years until I don't have to worry about leaving for the games anyway .

So, anyway, we headed to the town square. We got through the annoying video, and FINALLY it was the dreaded time. " Alright!! Ladies first!" said Tatum Lovelist(or as I call her " The Giant Blueberry").

"Sapphire Silver" "NO!!!" I screamed. I then silenced myself. I HAD to look strong if I was chosen. I kinda wished someone would volunteer in her place but then I remembered that she had no friends and the other girls are 12 and 7. So now I'm just thinking" Why didn't I prepare my sister more?"

What I mean by that is since we are in district 12 and very poor we are entered in more times so we can get more food or whatever. So with the higher chances, we train.

She screamed as she was dragged to the stage.

"Now for the boys" Announced The Giant Blueberry."Julius Silver" "No" I thought. You have already taken my sister, I won't let you take my little 12 year-old brother. "I volunteer as a tribute!" I shouted."What is your name?" "Ash Silver" I said softly and rushed up to the podium.

"Now are all of you 3 related? " "Yes" I said. I had let out 50% of my rage out in that word.

"Haha! Well looks like we have our district 12's tributes! Give them a round of applause!" *silence* And in that silence, I heard 3 things. 1) the sobbing of my family, 2) a loud meant to be whisper of someone saying, " The poor family. ", and 3) someone saying," District 12 is doomed."

I would prove him wrong and me and my sister shall make it to the end. When we are left, I will kill myself and let her be the 57th annual Hunger Games victor..