iiii.

Loren Mayers

Walking into Eleanor Roosevelt High School, my whole demeanor changed. I like school, but I don't like it. The work is easy, but when it comes to going to class and communicating... that's what I hate. Plus everybody thinks I need attention because of who my parents are. That's one thing everyone don't know about us. The Mayers hate attention.

I looked at Royal and he looked at me while he stood up against the locker. I gave him the eye and he smacked his lips.

"Damn, look at that ass." Sean wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pinched my cheek. I stopped in the middle of the hallway and unwrapped his arm from around my neck and turned around to look at him.

"Sean, quit."

He smacked his lips and winked at me before holding his hands up in surrender. I rolled my eyes, walking into my class.

I walked to the back and sat down in my seat. After being in, in school detention for 2 days for the fight, I was finally back in class. Royal was finally aloud back to school and Logan had one more day of suspension.

I looked up from my phone to see a couple of girls staring at me with a mug. I turned around then turned back around to make sure they was looking at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked the little girl who was staring me down.

"No." She smiled at me before both of them turned around to face the teacher.

Why girls always testing me?

For the rest of the class time, I kept my eyes on the two little females in the corner. People honestly don't know who the fuck I am.

Don't let the quietness, fool you.

Sean looked at me while I tried to explain to him how to make his girl happy.

Sean has been my bestfriend since we was in the third grade. We met on some cliche type shit. He had a crush on me and use to hit on me until I fought him back. We been close every since.

"Aight, but she keep thinkin' we fuckin' with each other." He threw the basketball up in the air and caught it while he was laying on his bed and I was sitting on his dresser.

"Why everybody think that?" I rolled my eyes, fiddling with stuff on his dresser.

"Ion know, but they need to chill," he sat up on the bed, looking at me. "So what I'm suppose to say again?"

This boy don't ever remember anything.

"Sean." I yelled.

"What?" He yelled back.

"Pay attention, damn. All you have to do is sit down and talk to ole girl."

"Man, I need some pussy, this shit stressful."

"Typical nigga, what does she look like though?"

He pulled out his phone from his shorts pocket and went to a picture. I grabbed the phone out of his hand and examined her.