vi.

Loren Mayers

The way my parents raised their children was not to talk about anyone or downgrade them because of your fame and fortune. That stuck with me throughout my life and it's still sticking to me. So when Royal told me about how Christian is living, I couldn't talk bad about him. I would never do that.

People go through struggles, nobody's perfect.

I looked at the clock while waiting on it to hit 3 o'clock. Christian agreed to go shopping with me for graduation which is in about two weeks.

Hearing the bell ring made me smile and quickly got out my seat. I fixed my clothing before walking out of the classroom behind my fellow classmates. I found Christian at his locker and I decided to mess with him.

"So you can't call me back?" I asked in the most ghetto voice I could do. He squinted his eyes before looking my way and down at me. He immediately laughed when he noticed it was me.

"Wassup Lo Lo?" He closed his locker and hugged me. I hugged him back before chuckling.

"Come on, let's go." I pulled his arm while he stood there.

"Who drivin'?" He asked, pausing my actions.

"I can."

"Aight, let me give my little cousin my keys."

I nod my head following behind him to the end of the lockers. His cousin was getting his binder out of the locker. I saw his face and immediately noticed him. He was Malacai Slayer, the most smartest ninth grader at Eleanor. His GPA is a 4.0 and if it could go higher, it would. I always acknowledged him every since I saw him in the local newspaper and the school newspaper. Little dude going to make it.

"Cai, drive my car home. I'ma be home later on."

"Aight," he grabbed the keys from Christian and then turned to smile at me. "Hey Loren!"

"Hey Malacai." I smiled back at him.

"Y'all know each other?"

"She's Royal big sister also we in Beta Club together."

"Oh word? Y'all some nerds then." Christian laughed, making me roll my eyes.

"It was nice seeing you Malacai."

"Likewise."

Christian and I walked out of the building just as the last bus pulled off. I walked to my truck while Christian was walking behind me.

"Yo little ass whippin' this? Aw shit Lo." He laughed while I unlocked the door and we both climbed in my truck.

"I hope you can drive." He chuckled buckling up his seatbelt.

"You're so dramatic." I shook my head, pulling off.

We made it to the mall while Christian kept complaining I drive too fast. I didn't even mind him cause he was only being dramatic.

"Aight whatchu looking for? I would like to see you in a dress." He smiled at me while we was in H&M.

"Well Mr. Christian, find me a suitable dress, please."