dieciséis.

Loren Mayers

My check up with my doctor went by slowly. He informed me on how the surgery-- which is next week-- will go. He also informed me on the medication I will be on throughout my healing and maybe for the rest of my life.

My breathing has progressed much more since my last visit. He had me on an oxygen machine but he said I can use it as needed as of now. This cancer was affecting me badly which caused me to have hair loss. Many thyroid cancer patients didn't receive hair loss but unluckily I did.

I literally cried when I saw all my hair gone. I felt unattractive but of course Kaleb made me realize other wise. He offered to shave his hair off also just so I could have someone going through the same with me but I imagine him bald and I told him hell nah.

He scheduled all of my friends and family to come over my house tonight so I can tell them about my cancer. How badly I didn't want to, I knew I have to tell them.

"La la la la la la, La la la la la, la la la la la
La la la la la, Do do do do dooo," Kaleb attempted to sing to me but I was laughing at how he was singing. I was soaking in the bathtub while he sat beside the tub, holding my hands.

"Oooooooh." I sung the last part which made him smile wide.

"I'm glad you're feelin' way better." He scoot up closer to my face and pecked my lips.

"I am too." My raspy voice led me into a cough.

"Baby, you should've really went to practice today. You have a game tomorrow." I said which made he shake his head.

"No. I don't even want to play tomorrow either."

"You can't do that. You will play tomorrow and I'll be here watching you."

"Who goin' to be here with you?"

"I'll have Tae or Logan to stay with me."

"Alright," he sighed. "You ready for me to bathe you?"

"Get on," I laughed. "I can bathe myself."

"Aight then," he laughed, standing up. "Let me know if you need any help."

He walked out the bathroom, giving me some privacy. It's some days when I can't bathe myself and Kaleb would have to help me and they're some days I could do it by myself. I honestly feel like a little child when I'm weak.

I successfully bathe myself and rinsed myself off in the shower. I dried off and put on my clothing before walking into my room where I found Kaleb laying on the bed.

"Everybody said they'll be pullin' up in a few." He said, sitting up.

"Alright." I sat down on the bed, putting on my socks.

"Hey, I was thinkin' about sellin' my house soon."

"And where are you going to stay?" I teased, chucking a little.

"I'm goin' to stay here with my wife, duh nigga." He laughed, standing up.

"I was just playing, but it's all up to you. And you was so serious about not letting me go over to your house, huh?"