forty.

Loren Cannel

"It's officially yours! Congratulations!" The kind entrepreneur gladly handed me the keys to the building. I smiled and politely took them out of her hands.

"Thank you, so much!" I gave her a kind of hug, jumping on the inside of my body.

She laughed at my happiness before dismissing herself from the building. Ezerah came back in along with Trent, Que, and OD, who were scoping out the building.

"Lo, KC about to love your ass even more." Trent rubbed his hands together, still scoping out the building.

"I already know," I chuckled. "So, are y'all sure y'all can have it done by this weekend?"

"Most def. I'ma have to call up a few more niggas to help us out though. Don't worry, we got this." Ezerah respond to my question.

"Y'all are the best." I went to hug each of their tall asses.

"We'll have Tae them decorate the day before the grand opening or the morning of." Que put his hands on his hip.

"Sounds fine with me."

"Now you get home and off your feet." OD said which made me chuckle.

"I'm going. I'll see you guys later." I grabbed my purse and keys.

"Aight, be safe." They said concurrently as I walked out the door.

As you receive a blessing, you should always bless someone else. I just feel like that's how it should go. My father informed me on my college funds that I still had which never been touched.

So with the eight hundred thousand that Kaleb gave me along with the hundred thousand that was in my college fund account, I was able to bless a few people.

I took some of it and started a college fund for our child along with putting a tad bit in our savings account and the rest went to a great, great cause.

"I hope it's a boy. 'Cause I'm tired of bein' the only boy in this family." Royal said as we all sat on the couch.

"I hope it's twins." Logan responded, taking a pickle out the jar.

"Woah. Woah. You want me to die?" I looked at Logan like she was crazy. She chuckled and shrugged.

"When you find out what you're havin'?" Ro asked.

"Next doctors visit which is like in two weeks."

I could tell everyone was excited that I was having a baby soon. It still haven't settled in with me just yet that I'm indeed is going to be a mother.

(*)

I walked into my next patient's room, making sure I sanitized my hands. Amelia looked over to me and started which warmed my heart.

Amelia was a seven year old leukemia patient that I fell in love with as soon as she was admitted to the hospital. She reminded me of myself when I was her age and of course since I had cancer, I can relate to what she's going through.

"Hey Nurse Cannel." She greeted me as I slouched down to give her a hug.

"I told you. You can call me Loren," I chuckled. "How are you?"

"I'm better today. How are you?"

"I'm great, thanks for asking," I waved at her mother who had just came out the restroom. She smiled at waved back. "Are you ready for your dose?"

"Yes ma'am." She fixed her turban on her head which I bought for her. I even taught her how to make her own.

I smiled and went over to my box to get everything ready for her nightly shot. I slipped on some gloves and took the needle, alcohol pad, medicine, cotton boll, and bandaid with me to her bed.

"Are you ready?" I asked her. She nod her head and stick her left arm out.

I filled the needle up with the medicines before wiping down the area where I was going to stick her at.

"Alright."

"Butterflies, butterflies, fly around. Butterflies, butterflies, don't touch the ground. Butterflies, butterflies, don't make a sound. Butterflies are beautiful. Butterflies are colorful. Butterflies are cute, just like you!" I removed the needled from her arm just when we finished our little saying we came up with. She watched as I put the bandaid on her, carefully.

"All done." I removed my gloves from my hand.

"I wish I had a butterfly." She mumbled a little but I heard her.

"Your wish is my command." I walked outside to get the butterfly I sat on the counter and brought it in to her.

"Loren," she screeches sitting up in her bed. "Thank you so much! You're the best. Mom, she got be a butterfly."

"I see, baby. It's beautiful. Thank you, Nurse Cannel." She smiled, walking over to her daughter.

"No problem. Y'all have a good night!" I smiled, closing the door behind me.

Kaleb Cannel

"Why am I blind folded?" I frown, not being able to see anything.

I didn't trust Ezerah's ass not one bit and the fact he had me blind folded had me nervous. He said he had a surprise for me but you never know what's going to happen fucking with Ezerah.

"'Cause it's a damn surprise. You're aggravatin' the fuck out of me. Let me hurry up and get you there."

"Fuck you." I mumbled as my left leg shook.

Five minutes later, the car stopped and I guessed we made it to our location. He got out the car and came over to help me out which I thought was funny.

"Don't grab my hand. The fuck?" I slapped his hand off of mine.

"Bruh," he laughed pushing me. "Just come the fuck on."

He guided me to where I need to walk until he suddenly stood in front of me, almost making me fall. I took the blind fold off just when I heard the word surprise. My eyes widen at a good amount of people standing outside a building that looked familiar.

"A Friendly Home." I read from the board and immediately knew what this was. I couldn't believe it!

A Friendly Home was a homeless shelter I came up with and I told Loren about it. I was younger then and I couldn't believe she remembered and brought it to reality.

I always wanted to help others out since I've been in a homeless shelter before. I couldn't wait to find my wife and thank her for everything.

"Wow, I wasn't even expectin' this. This is amazing." I said as I walked through the homeless shelter, checking it out.

It was decorated to my likings, man. This is just so lit.

I finally found Loren and immediately ran up to her, picking her up gently.

"I love you so damn much, girl. You're the fuckin' best, man. Thank you." I kissed her once I put her back on her feet. She chuckled and smiled.

"No need to thank me. This was all your bright idea. This is going to be great, baby. You're really about to change people lives by helping them."

"I know, I can't wait to do so."

Tae came over and got my attention. I thanked her for helping Loren out.

"I'm proud of you. You're actually nice, after all." She hugged me which caught me off guard.

"Thank you." I chuckled, enjoying everything at this moment.

Blessed. Blessed. Blessed. Is all I can say. God's really been blessing a nigga and I want to thank him for everything's he's put me through that led to this great outcome.

Church tomorrow is about to have one long testimony coming from me.

__________________
hm, so what should loren have? 😊 i can't believe i've been writing this book for a year.. literally. never expected it to be this long.

but it's coming to an end very soon.