thirty four.

Royal Mayers

Due to the guidance counselor screwing up my schedule, I've been doing online classes until I'm settled in my right classes which would probably be soon.

I decided to move back home, temporarily until they sorted my shit out. I didn't have a problem with online classes but I'll prefer being in class.

But for now, I'll just spend these weeks with my family, friends, and of course my baby girl, Paisli.

Also while I'm here, I have some shit to settle.

"Looks who's back under my roof." Pops teased once I walked into his studio that was located in the basement. He was sitting at the computer, scrolling through his beats.

I plopped down on his couch while I ignored his comment. He started playing an instrumental he worked on when he was in London.

I listened to the beat, deciding to spit a couple of recycled bars.

"It's like I lace up my boots and call my troops lately. Traded all my hoodie rap for all my books lately. I'm nineteen and I've been living in my youth lately. Pull my wisdom, but I still spit it like my tooth ache me."

"Woah, nigga wait," he cut the instrumental off. "That's you?"

"Was me. It's old." I responded. He started smiling and played the instrumental again.

"Duck shots, mother fuck cops, what a blood clots? All I gots my words and my balls and my one cock. Pause, bug shots fly, my young buck died. Passed away from a stray, from some fake tough guy." His spit a verse that went well with mine.

"Now this the kind of story that should make doves cry."

"Fuck that, this the story that should make thugs cry. Dry your eyes older sis, held 'em close, watch 'em switch."

"Gave 'em kiss in the midst of all of this
Ain't too late to pause or skip."

"Gotdamn Royal," he mushed my head and started laughing. "I didn't know you can rap."

No one knew I can rap but Loren. I had rapped around her one day and she freaked out just like Pops just did. I don't really claim rapping because it's cliche.

Although I do write some rhymes but I'll never pursue a career as a rapper. Not my cup of tea.

"Yeah, kinda inherit that from you."

Along with a lot of other shit. I mumbled.

"You know your daughter gone come back from her honeymoon pregnant?" I smiled and started laughing at the frown on his face.

"Nope, nope, hell no."

"How much you want to bet?"

"One large." He leaned back in his chair.

"Ooh, that nigga got benjamins. I'm down." I did a handshake with him.

He turned back around in his chair and started playing samples from his computer. I watched as he did his work.

I wanted to tell him about this beef I got but I don't want to drag him into it. This just something I'm going to have to handle on my own.

Nicolas Slayer

Every other weekend or so, I come back home to check on my family and of course my girlfriend. Before popping up on Logan, I decided to pop up on my son since he was at home sick today.

I cut the car off and removed the keys from the ignition. I put the keys in my sweat shorts and got out the car. I adjust the hat on my head as I walked up to Maya's front door.