diecinueve.

Ezerah Mayfield 

"Baby, your scrubs are gettin' too small for you." I watched as she put on a pair of scrub pants with her children's hospital shirt.

"I know," she whined, pulling the pants up. "I need to go buy some more."

Already during her pregnancy she's been getting very exhausted. When I tell you she sleeps more than what she usually does on a daily. It be times where I'll have to be the one to cook and all that other stuff, but I don't mind.

"Alright, I'll see you later on tonight." She said once we made it downstairs and to the door.

"Aight baby, hurry up and leave so I can call one of my hoes over." I joked, watching her get serious.

"Play with me, Ezerah."

"Okay damn my bad," I chuckled, pecking her lips. "Be careful though."

"Will do." She said before grabbing her purse and walking out the door. I let the garage up for her as she got in the car.

I stood in the kitchen and looked around it with my hands on my hips. I let out a breath before grabbing one of my car keys.

"Alright I'm bored, let's go get my son from school." I yelled, running out the door and to my car.

The day Ezra was born, I already knew I wanted to marry Tae just for her giving me my little man. I stared at him for so long because I couldn't believe he was mine.

I was young but I knew I was going to take care of my responsibility and that's what I did and have been doing since. The first couple of months were complicated because we didn't have anyone in Washington to help us with Ezra.

We flunked out on a few classes just to make sure Ezra was properly taken care of but hey, we managed to graduate from college.

Yeah we struggled a little because we didn't want to ask our parents for shit. Times were rough but we managed.

"You must be bored?" Mrs. Hallie laughed once she came to the front of the daycare, seeing me.

"Yeah." I laughed also, finishing signing Ezra out.

"Daddy, I was trying to play with my girl." Ezra dragged his book from his locker, putting it on his back.

"I'm sorry," I laughed, grabbing his hand. "See you later, Mrs. Hallie."

"Bye y'all, be careful."

"Yes ma'am." I held the door open for Ezra to walk out. He ran to the car as I jogged down the steps. I strapped him in and got into the driver's seat, turning around to look at him.

"Aight so what are we doin' today, little man?"

"I really want to go see TT Lo." He said, looking at me.

"I can make that happen, anything else?"

"And I want some McDonald's."

"The hell? Who been feedin' you McDonald's?" I frowned, knowing good and well Tae and I or any of his family members doesn't feed him McDonald's because that food is unhealthy.