Painless :: 3

Unedited

Michael smiles as he looks out of his car window. The winter shy is filled with large fluffy clouds and a moon. It always seems as if the moon's shining. Maybe it is and we're just underestimating it, Michael always says.

"Michael, I'm not sure where this thing is so I'll need your help. Please find the exit to Welmers Street with me." His mother sighs. She's been annoyed for the past five minutes due to not being able to find one of the five turns we'll need to make.

"Mum, I don't think we'll get there in time, anyways."

His mother sighs and pulls the car over. She's trying to keep a straight face but feels awful. She thinks the may be the one to prevent Michael from making friends... From feeling normal.

"Hey! Hey! Are you guys lost?!"

Michael and his mother quickly look over to beside their car. A large truck is parked with two teens sitting inside. Michael's mother rolls down her window and responds, "Yes, we're lost."

"What location can't you get to?" The teen in the passenger's seat asks. His hazel brown eyes look down at Michael's mother in concern. A few curls are noticeable in his brown hair and his lips are large and plump.

"Jared-- Jared's Church?"

"Oh! We're going there too for the social club!"

Karen nudges Michael on the arm and smiles up at the boys, "Would you mind if my son goes with you? He'll be attending the same thing."

"Sure, he's welcome." The driver says. His voice is a bit raspier than the teen in the passenger's seat.

"But mum they're strangers..." Michael whispers shyly. The look of the teens give him bad memories... memories of when he was in high school. But he's dropped out now.

"Just go," Kerin says sternly. Michael slowly opens his door and walks over to the truck. The boy in the passenger's seat smiles and opens his door.

"Climb on in the middle."

Michael nods and jumps into the tall vehicle. He makes his way around the boy and sits down on the seat next to the driver.

"Well hello there," the driver smiles. Michael looks up at the boy.

His breath is taken away.

It's not the boy's blonde hair, smooth skin, plump lips, or piercing that made Michael fall instantly in love with the teen... It was his diamond blue eyes that looked so carefully back at him.

"H-Hi," Michael stutters.

"Name's Luke, this is Calum. I call him kiwi most of the time but that's only my name for him," He smiles as he starts the car up. "What's your name?"

"Michael, Michael G-Gordan Clifford."

"Nice to meet you kitten," Luke smiles. Red blush creeps to Michael's face due to the nickname he already fell in love with.

"I'll call him Mike," Calum nods. Michael also nods his head and feels boring due to not saying much. Maybe, he thinks, they'll never talk to me again after this group thing...

****

"Bye Luky-Poo!" Calum yells as Michael awkwardly stands next to the kiwi teenager.

Luke chuckles and shakes his head. He waves goodbye and pulls out of the driveway.

"A-Are you two dating?"

Calum looks down on Michael due to the hight difference. He laughs and slaps a hand on Michael's shoulder for support.

Laughing is Calum's weakness.

"No! No, no, no! Never!" He giggles. Michael nods his head and smiles up at Calum. Calum smiles back and grabs Michael's arm, pulling him into the building. Michael looks at Calum's legs as he slightly shakes and wobbles back and forth but shrugs it off and follow wherever Calum's going.

"I'm so excited," Michael whispers as he sees an open door in the middle of the hallway they're walking down. "Me too."

They slowly walk into the light filled room only to see people of all ages sitting on square tables and looking in the same direction in a circle.

"Welcome you two!" The man standing in the middle shouts enthusiastically. He runs over with his hair not moving an inch due to all the gel keeping it down.

"Come in and find a seat," He smiles. Michael and Calum nod and head towards the seats. They're greeted by smiles and handshakes.

Michael and Calum sit next to each other near the empty seats. Not feeling so social... and they usually aren't.

"Welcome you two!" The man smiles, "I'm Jordan, the one who's charge of this club! How about we all welcome them and start with our names and our problems. And maybe even things we like!"

"I'm Jordan, I'm a schizophrenic in therapy and I love warm hugs!"

Michael chuckles to himself, thinking of his favorite movie; Frozen.

Jordan points to a short blonde with emerald green eyes. His expression is blank yet his eyes show his happiness, "I'm Fredrick... I have facial paralysis, meaning I can't move my facial features. I love to cook for people... yeah."

Michael smiles at the boy and likes the way his lips move extremely slow. It's just calming for him.

The next person speaks. "I'm Tim. May only have one arm but I still love playing football."

It goes on until it's Michael's turn to speak and his world seems as if it has stopped turning. He knows he's going to be shy.

"I'm M-Michael... I can't feel pain-- or anything... and I like dressing up for fun," He shrugs feeling surprised that he didn't have a heart attack.

"And I'm Calum. Every now and then I have seizures, faint at least twice a week, have a low blood sugar so I commonly shake, my legs don't work properly, and I have common headaches. I like to sing and listen to people speak about their lives," Calum says as if it isn't much. The room goes silent and Michael frowns. He didn't know that Calum was THAT different.

"Well, nice to meet both of you... and uh--" Jordan starts yet pauses, seeming quite uneasy, "I hope ALL of you like baking because we're all going to bake cookies together without a recipe in sight!"

And Michael knows now that he will fall in love with this group. He will like to keep seeing Calum. And he'd like to speak to the kid with the facial paralysis.

But mostly, he wants to see Luke again... the boy with the diamond eyes.

****

AN: this chapter sucks OMG

Q: What do you think of Fredrick? The kid with the facial paralysis.

A: I actually kind of like him and want to make him a main character. :-))) (and in my mind he's cute asf jssssss)

xxxx,
KillerMarshmallows