Chapter Nine

His words shook me. I had never been promised protection before and this surprised me.

Despite my exhaustion I was happy, unbelievably so.

Even though I was in love with him, I couldn't tell him, not yet. I wasn't sure how he felt but his promise of protection warmed my heart and I knew that we were heading that way. I had just got there a little bit faster.

Ajax pulled up in front of a small house, similar to mine. He got out and just as I was about to do the same he reached my side and picked me up.

I didn't want to admit this but I rather enjoyed being carried around. It made me feel special, important.

He pressed a kiss on top of my head as we walked through the door which wasn't locked, how ironic.

"You didn't lock your door?" It came out more of a question then a statement but I rolled with it anyway.

He lay me on the coach and went into what looked like a store room and came out with a pile of clothes and a blanket.

"You're staying here tonight." His question was a statement. I was sure he hadn't even meant for it to come out as a question.

Why couldn't I be more like him? Commanding, strong, sexy- okay focus this is not the time or the place. Okay maybe it was the place, oh how-

"Amorette?" His deep voice shook me out of my terrible, terrible thoughts.

"Yes?" I asked him trying to be casual.

He only laughed at me in response which made me turn bright red. Great! I was blushing again.

I was damp, my loose curls had started to become a tangled mess and I was sure I smelt of leaves. How unattractive.

"Would you mind if I took a shower?" I hoped he would say yes, I really needed it.

"Go right ahead, take those clothes and there are towels on one of the shelves.

I stepped into the bathroom and it was nice. No, nice was an understatement, it was unbelievably beautiful.

The sand coloured tiles covered one whole whilst the others were covered with white. A square shower stood in one corner and a square bath was set in the middle. The toilet and sink were placed in the opposite corner to the shower.

I first walked up to the shower and turned a knob, nothing happened. I then pressed a red button, nothing happened.

I gave up with the shower and then moved on to the bath. It wasn't as complicated. I turned a knob that read 'HOT' and waited, nothing happened.

I then fiddled with the cold, nothing happened.

Suddenly, a loud buzzing sounded and the water came rushing out.

Water began spilling out of the shower as I hadn't closed the water.

I rushed over and in order to stop the water I had to go under the head to get to the taps.

The scorching hot water burnt my scalp and I yelped as I tried to get away from the heat but instead hit my head against the shower wall.

"Hey, is everything okay ?" I head Ajax's deep voice through the doorway and I responded with a rather forceful 'everything is fine.'

I wasn't sure that he believed me but he left me alone. In the short time my attention hadn't been on the taps, the water from the shower had already covered more than half the bathroom and was making swift progress towards the door.

In my effort to shut the shower off I had forgotten about the bath.

I heard a loud splash behind me and discovered the bath had in fact flooded. Water was splashing out at an alarming rate.

Now I knew I was in trouble and I had no choice.

"Ajax, I need you." I hadn't shouted, at least I hadn't thought I had.

The door crashed open, making me jump, and Ajax rushed in.

He immediately got to work turning of the taps from the shower and bath.

He then proceeded to pull some of the towels of the shelves and threw them onto the floor.

"When I pictured you saying those words, I thought we would be in a different situation."

His words confused me a first, but then understanding the innuendo, I went bright red. This was as red as I had gotten, and I had a feeling that this wasn't as red as I would go.

I'm pretty sure the fine man now wrapping me up in a towel would find a way to make me blush even brighter.

"I'm really sorry about all this." I thought I was going to get shouted out, or get kicked out. Oh my goodness I was going to get kicked out.

Instead of confirming my fears he laughed at me, and it wasn't just a snicker it was full throaty laughter.

I wasn't exactly impressed with him laughing at me but I couldn't help but let a giggle out.

He then took me into a room, a room that looked suspiciously like a bedroom, his bedroom.

It was sexy, black satin sheets covered the bed and the walls were covered in a dark grey paint. A headboard that matched the sheets was up against the wall opposite the door.

I was in a man's bedroom, my man'a bedroom.

He ushered me into his en suite and I got changed as quickly as I could I wasn't going to damage this bathroom as well.

I was one of a kind.

I opened the door and walked back into his bedroom. He was sat upon his bed, let's braced apart and hands on his knees.

"I guess I owe you an explanation."

----------------------------------------------

Thankyou for reading. Please comment, vote or follow.

As an apology for the wait I have rushed to get this chapter up. I apologise for mistakes, thankyou for reading.

Love llday_dreamerll