Chapter Fourteen

"I don't want to."

Lovella stood at the door of the private plane her arms crossed over her chest angrily.

Ajax and Tiago had attempted for a full hour to convince us that Spain was a better option, as it was safer. I cocked a brow at my so called mate after that comment and we then ended up in an argument. It was safe to say now we were not on speaking terms.

In all honesty I had always wanted to go to Spain however not under these circumstances.

After what we had just gone through I just wanted to go home. I wanted to be alone. I was scared, so scared.

I had been thrown some difficult hands in life but by far this was oddest.

He wouldn't explain what the skeleton was and what it had wanted but this was scaring me. This wasn't normal and it wasn't rational.

But what more could I do, I couldn't run. My heart wouldn't allow it. I still didn't completely believe everything he had said was true. But I believed most of it.

We had finally relented and were now sat in the plane. Ajax and Tiago were in another part of the private plane, yes private. My man was loaded, but that was another issue for later. There were more pressing matters at hand.

I pulled out my phone and began to type quickly into the search engines.

Werewolves

A bunch of old folk tales and fictional books appeared. I clicked on one of the links and it took me to an illustration of a hairy beast who was feasting on his prey, a beautiful blonde woman was at him mercy and I quickly clicked of the website my eyes stinging and my stomach churning.

People searched up their dates all the time, why was it when I searched up mine I ended up with a picture of a women being murdered.

I sighed unsure of what to do now. Placing my phone on the seat next to me I leaned on Lovella's shoulder needing the comfort.

What were we going to do.

I slowly drifted of to sleep with the worry of my future on my mind.

Something was wrong. So very wrong.

I was startled awake by a feeling, worry.

It didn't enjoy this feeling but there wasn't much I could do about it now was there.

I couldn't see Ajax or Tiago and Lovella lay beside me snoring softly, for some reason I felt the need to move. Quickly.

Lovella jerked away and immediately moved from her seat and came next to me.

"We need to get out of here, now!" Lovella's whisper shout confirmed my fears. Something was here, no not something, someone.

A strong gust of wind blew me a few steps back and then then plane turned black. Lovella grabbed on to my arms and pulled me in to her.

The dark figure reappeared and pointed once again and began to mumble.

In a flash the cloak fell away revealing an older, handsome, distinguished looking man. For some reason I felt myself move closer to him, making the man smile.

This wasn't the skeleton that appeared, but it was.

He was familiar and yet so, well not.

I decided it was do or die, what's the worst that could happen?

You could do and die my subconscious reminded me.

"What do you want?" My question seems to surprise him, but he recovered rather quickly and laughed at my words.

It was deep and throaty and didn't make me tingle like Ajax's did, as a matter of fact none made me feel like Ajax did. Maybe I should forgive him.

He still hadn't answered my question, but now he looked happy.

I had to say it was an improvement from the skeleton, in fact anything was an improvement from the skeleton. Now I felt guilty for saying stuff about the skeleton.

Everyone was beautiful.

"Who are you?" This question had come from Lovella who I had forgotten was standing beside me. I was a bad person.

"Your grandfather"

I didn't know how to respond to that, I managed a blink. But that's about it.

Lovella snorted making me giggle and the older man confused.

This man wasn't my grandfather, no way. He was a skeleton and not old enough.

"You're lying." I couldn't really do much else about it other than deny it.

"If that is what you wish to believe, then do so my dear but you are my blood, my pack and my granddaughter." His voice became stronger and more commanding I had never seen Ajax like this but I had a feeling he was like this, maybe even worse.

He was angry, so very angry and now I was scared.

"If you are our grandfather, then where have you been." My voice cracked as I said this. After our childhood, the life we had lived had been dismal, the chance that our life could have been different was heart breaking.

"I'm .....sorry." He seemed to struggle with the apology but it was an apology none the less.

But for some reason I suspected that he wasn't sorry about not being there, he wasn't sorry about leaving us, he wasn't sorry about turning up out of the blue.

He was sorry about something else.

He threw the black coat that was in his hands on top of both of us and the world went dark.