DJ's Cellar

Merida POV

"Anna!" an ecstatic male's voice rang through the narrow corridor leading to the so called 'DJ's cellar'.

"Freddy!" Anna squeals, embracing the young man in a bone-crushing bear hug.

"What brings you here Ann?" he questions, pulling away from the hug.

"We got kicked out of 'DJ's House' and decided to see if this place is still as good as it used to be!"Anna explains.

Freddy heaves a sigh "I'm afraid the business has fallen dramatically after the opening of my brother's club. 'DJ's House'."

"Your brothers with Mr Mallow?!" Punzie yells in disbelief.

Freddy nods "Unfortunately so. Jason Mallow. That's his name. The most selfish brat I have ever witnessed!" he rants "ever since he's opened his club, my puny cellar has turned to nothing but ash!"

An awkward silence falls upon us as we think of possible solutions to this situation.

"I know!" Mavis squeals in excitement.

"Keep it down Mavis! You know I have sensitive ears!" MK complains.

"Try living with Vanellope." Margo mutters.

"Hey! I heard that!" Vanellope whines, smacking Margo playfully on the arm.

"Guys!" I yell irritably. "Let Mavis speak!"

"Thanks Mer!" She says while standing up on a nearby chair. "My idea is that we work together to make this place regain its former glory!" she announces, pumping her fist into the air.

"That's super cheesy but super great! So I'm in!" Anna squeals... again... putting her hand into the centre. We all follow suit.

"To 'DJ's Cellar'!" we chorus.

***

"Mer?"

"Over here Ann!" I shout, peering over the laptop screen.

"Almost done with the playlists?" Anna takes a seat next to me and observes the list of songs on the screen. "I like it," she nods in approval.

"I'm almost done, just need to download these Maroon 5 and Simple Plan songs and I'm done."

"Great!" she looks back at her clipboard and makes a note before going to check on Rapunzel and the decorations.

Margo, Vanellope, Penny and Emma barge through the doors, a small clipboard grasped in Margo's hand. "We stuck the posters on every lamp post, notice board and telephone pole we could find!" Margo announces, flicking her eyes towards her clipboard. "We posted the flyers in letter boxes and gave a pile of them to the post office, the bakery and a music shop nearby.

"Good work girls." Anna smiles and makes yet another note on her clipboard before going to check on Mavis and the food.

"I can't thank you guys enough for what you're doing for my business," Freddy's voice sounds from behind me. I swivel round on my chair to face him "I don't know how I would've coped without your help."

"No problem! It's Anna and Mavis you need to be thanking, it was their idea." I turn back to the laptop and scroll through the playlist to perfect it the best I can.

I feel Freddy move to the chair next to me and examine the playlist, nodding his heading as he does. "I like it." he says, standing up and making his way to Mavis and Anna. I save the files onto a disc and place it next to the DJ's box. That's the re-opening day's playlist.

I catch a glimpse of four familiar males walking into the room. One has frizzy, ginger hair, another has messy, dark brown hair, one other has white, straggly hair and the last one... has messy, auburn hair. Hiccup!

I jump off the platform the DJ's box is situated on and make my way towards the four. The white haired boy I recognise to be the boy I had the fight with at DJ's house. Jack I think his name was.

Freddy comes up to the group, a cheerful smile on his face. "I'm so glad you could make it!" he says giving Jack a 'bro hug'.

"Good to see you too Freddy!" he grins "long time no see!"

Freddy shakes the others' hands as they introduce themselves.

"We'll be happy to help!" Hiccup smiles, turning to get an image of the place. He notices me. "Hey Mer!" he waves.

"Hey Hic,!" I smile as I jog toward them.

"Merida!" Freddy announces "I see you've met Hiccup. Him and his friends Jack," he indicates to the white haired boy who scowls at me viciously. I was right! "Nod." the boy with messy, dark brown hair waves a greeting I gladly return. "and Johnny." the ginger, frizzy haired boy looks around vacantly, not acknowledging my presence.

"Nice to meet you all!" I say as if it's the first time I'd ever met any of them.

"Ok!" Freddy says, rubbing his hands together. "Jack with help Punzie with the decorations." Snowman grins widely and makes his way to my bestie. "Nod will work with MK on the lighting." he indicates to the room above the stage that MK's situated. "Johnny will help Mavis with the food." he prods his thumb over his shoulder as Nod and Johnny go toward their partners. "And Hiccup will work with you." he smiles and walks away.

"Ok! Let's get started!"

A/n Ok! Finished chapter... I've lost count. Anyway I've updated! Yay! I have now officially passed the 1k reads mark!!! Thanks to all of you who made that possible. Can we make it 2k?

Sorry if I don't update much from now on, I have school tests and Christamas is coming up but after that, I should be back on track with updating.

Happy reading 😺

Cmstevens13 🙀