Facing the music

Jason's pov

We get back to Nashville and I forgot about tearing up the living room. "Whoa. What happened?" She cries, "Did you and Eric get into it?" "No, I was mad because he took you away so I sorta went a little crazy." She smiles. "Aw you went crazy over me?" She asks with the flirt in her voice. I smile and pull her into a kiss. "More crazy than anyone I've ever known. More crazy than Brett Eldredge in his lose my mind video. More crazy than a dude on drugs. More crazy than-" The door opens. Uh oh. I know it's Eric before I even turn around. "I knew it." I hear him gripe. "Shield your eyes baby, you don't want to see this." I whisper, kissing her again. I turn around to Eric and smirk. "You're an outsider in this situation." She laughs at my word play. "Just listen Jason. I didn't come here to fight." He says, making me suspicious. "Luke knocked some sense into me." He did? Her hand still rests on my shoulder and it tenses up. "You okay babe?" She stays silent staring at him. "Can we talk....... Alone?" He asks. I watch him suspiciously. I'll give him a chance. I turn back around to her. "Babe, me and Eric are gonna go talk out front. If something happens, I can take him down. But he's my friend I don't think he'll do anything. I love you hun." Tears form in her eyes. "I love you too. Make sure you come back." She whimpers. "Of course I will, hun." I kiss her then follow him out. "So what is it?" I ask once we get outside. He takes a deep breath. "You know it is hard for me to admit when I'm wrong." He says. I cross my arms, smiling. "So you're saying you're wrong?" He looks at me, with hard angry eyes. "I'm giving you a chance Jason. It better be different.... You better not be doing what I think you're doing." I sigh. "Eric, I promise, I'm not doing what you think I'm doing." I say, raising my right hand and giving him a reassuring smile. I glance back at my house. "I learned that love is a woman who will settle you down. She's that woman, Eric. She's the only girl I care to be with. She's dare I say, the love I wanna be in." I say, trying to hide my smile and failing. He smiles too. "You're 100% serious?" He asks, breaking into a smile too. "More serious than I've ever been. I have a confession to tell you. Before love was a word I used to get lucky but now...... I never wanna say that to anyone but her." I think he finally believes me. "I promise it's true. Everything I'm saying is 100% true." I hear the door open and his eyes get wide. I turned around and she had tears in her eyes. "Oh Jason that's the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me." I smile. She runs to me and I pull her into a hug and swing her around in my arms. "Were you serious about what you said?" She asks, tears coursing down her cheeks. I set her down and brush them away with my thumb, leaving my hand on her cheek. I smile. "Every word baby. Every word." I whisper, kissing her. Eric still looks at us. She glances at him. "I'll try." She whispers. I nod and she walks over to Eric.

Eric's pov

She walks over to me slowly. "Eric I'm an adult now, just like you. How would you feel if I decided who you could date?" "You can't. I'm older." She glares at me. "I'm sorry hun, I just know what he's done in the past.... And I don't want you to end up crying over him leaving you for someone else." She grips my hands. "He's not. He loves me for me." She glances back at him with a smile. "And if you are right... Which I know you're not.... You can kick his ass later. But I know it won't come to that. Please Chief?" I sigh and drop my hands to my sides. I eye Jason who smiles then I eye her who still looks back at him with a smile. "Okay." I reluctantly say. "Really?" She cries, whipping her head around. I smile and hug her. "Yeah go get your cowboy." "Oh thank you Eric this means so much to me."

Jason's pov

She runs back to me and I hug her. "He musta said yes." I say. She nods. I kiss her hard, wrapping my arms around her waist, her hands on my neck. She looks into my eyes and I look into hers. One thought in my head. I want to be with this girl for the rest of my life.