Bad Dreams And Bad Thoughts

Jason's pov

I sit on the bed worried while my very paranoid girlfriend paces the room. "Baby I swear it wasn't true." "But you still said it!" She says, stopping walking to look at me. "Hun, if you were there you'd understand. I was tense, freaked out, and pissed! Eric was shouting at me and I just snapped! I didn't mean what I said! Come on you've said stuff out of anger before right? Things that weren't true?" She bites her lip, pacing again. "I'm just scared Jason. I don't wanna wake up one day and you be gone." I sigh and stand up. "What can I do to get you to believe me?" "I don't know!" She cries, covering her eyes. I pull her hands down and look her in the eyes. "I am never gonna leave you." I say, slowly. Tears fill her eyes and she hugs me. "I love you baby." "I love you too Jay."

*several weeks later*

Eric isn't talking to me and personally I don't care. Probably if I did I'd end up beating him mercilessly. She comes back from shopping and I stand up. "Hey babe, what'd ya get?" She smiles. "A maternity shirt that says, 'A bun in the oven.'" I smile. "Awesome." "Jason, I know you're scared. I am too. But I think this is a good thing." I don't think that. I am not ready to be a dad nor do I wanna be. I force a smile and nod. Suck it up Aldean. "I'm gonna get dinner started." She says, smiling. I sigh when she leaves. "God, you're a terrible faker. I don't know how she believes it." I nearly jump out of my skin. Sierra stands in the doorway. I roll my eyes. She's been just as much a prick in my ass as Eric. "Whatever. Don't you have a chief to go fuck." I growl annoyed. "You're an ass, Jason. She'll get tired of your bitch boy attitude and leave if she's smart." I glare at her. "She won't leave. Get the hell out." She walks away to her truck and flips me off. I slam the door angrily.

*later that night*

*in his dream*

"You're no good for her!" "Leave my little girl alone!" "She deserves better!" I scream and cover my ears. "Stop it! Shut up!" I yell, trying to block out the many voices. Eric. Sierra. Her parents. Everyone saying I'm no good for her! Everyone saying I don't deserve her! Then I hear footsteps. I shakily open my eyes and see an angry looking very pregnant Miranda standing in front of me. Good she'll tell those no good jerks the truth. She rests her hands on her hips. "They were right. I'm glad I finally came to my senses!" My jaw drops! "N-No! B-Baby! Not you too!" I shout on my knees. I grab her shirt. "Don't leave me hun!" "God you're pathetic!" She yells pulling free. "No! Wait! Please!" I cry desperate.

*he wakes up*

I'm drenched in sweat. I shakily look over at my girlfriend. Her mouth slightly open and a hand on her stomach. Does she deserve better then me? Am I really no good for her? I just don't know anymore. I stand up and go downstairs with a bottle of Jack and I sit at the table and just cry.

*the next day*

Eric's pov

I can't believe he said that to Sierra. I'm gonna kick his ass! I slam the door open and see him at the kitchen table. I walk in prepared to yell at him but he's crying and severely drunk! "Whoa! Jason?" I gape shocked and confused. He glances over t me, instant rage in his eyes. "Get away from me!" He yells throwing the bottle at me. I dodge it. "Dude, what the heck happened?" His eyes are bloodshot. He falls to his knees, crying into his hands. "I don't deserve a girl like your sister. She deserves someone better. I'm no good!" What the?! I'm shocked. "J-Jason, what do you mean?" "You were right. I shoulda just stayed away. She's wasting her life with a pathetic piece of shit like me." "Don't say that! You're not a piece of shit! My sister loves you! Why would you think all these things!" "I don't think them. I know." He says. "That's not true. None of it!" Man, I caused him to feel this way by being so overprotective! "Jason, I'm sorry this is my fault. You are a good man. You're a good boyfriend and you'll make one hell of a great father!" He looks at me surprised. "Really? You think so?" I smile. "I don't think so. I know so." I say. He stares at the floor for a good five seconds. "I've got a damn good girlfriend too. I can't believe it man. But I'm gonna have a baby with the best girl in Nashville." I smile. He does too. "You sure are, cowboy. Now go upstairs to her." He runs for the stairs but stops short. "Wait, what were you doing here anyway?" My eyes go wide. "No reason. See ya." I say quickly walking out as he runs upstairs.