A Shocking Surprise

Jason's pov

The doctor says she's finally well enough to go home after three weeks in the hospital with complications. I lay her in her crib then go back to our room. She was reading but she closed the book when I walk in. "Hey hun." She smiles. "I'm so glad Anna is okay." I smile and lay down beside her. "I was so scared. I don't know what I woulda done." I say, closing my eyes. "She asleep?" I nod. "Our parents are coming over tomorrow. Give us a break and mostly cause they wanna play with their grandbaby." I roll my eyes. "I think the grandparents are gonna be more troublesome than the baby." I mutter. She laughs. "I couldn't agree more, Jason." She lays down exhausted. I smile and pull her close.

*the next day*

I wake up smelling breakfast cooking downstairs. I sit up quickly when I realize my girl is still in bed. Who's downstairs?! I go down there and it's mom. Oh yeah I forgot they're coming over. "Honey, mom and dad are here!" I call back upstairs. I don't get a reply. "Ma, what are you doing here so early?" She smiles. "Come on son, you're a newfound parent. You're gonna need help." Ugh. I sit at the table. "We're fine mama." She just smiles and sets down breakfast. I smile. "Reminds me of my childhood."

Miranda's pov

I walk down to the nursery where Anna sleeps soundly. I sing her a song and she opens her pretty blue eyes. I smile and stare down at her then I feel a hand on my back. "Ain't she a beauty." My boyfriend says. I smile back at him. "I'm really glad this happened." He says, surprising me. I turn around. "Before you were a little freaked." "That was before. I'm ready to be a dad." I smile. "I'm so glad to hear you say that." He grabs me around the waist and kisses me. "We're going out with Eric and Sierra today." "I can't wait." I rest my hands on his shoulders. He glances in the crib then picks Anna up who yawns. "You got a play date with grandma."

*later*

Eric's pov

"Mom's watchin' the baby." He murmurs when Sierra asks about Anna. Man, the scare in the hospital sure freaked me out. I'm just glad she's okay. I pick at my food while the girls talk about Anna and what they're gonna do. "Hey Eric, uh, can we talk in private?" Jason whispers. I look up and nod. We go outside and the place we're eating at has just started to fill up. "Um.... Eric I know this is probably gonna come as a shock to you..... But I'm gonna ask Miranda to marry me." My eyes go wide in complete shock. "Whoa! Really?" He smiles and nods then reaches in his pocket and pulls out a diamond ring. "Luke helped me pick it out. You know since he was with Caroline like that." "Damn Jason, I never saw that coming. Wow I'm just in shock." He laughs. "Your mama said that would be your reaction." "Wait you already talked to mom?" I gape caught off guard. "Well duh dummy! I had to ask your dad permission." Oh right. I nod. "What are you boys talking about?" His eyes go wide and he quickly hides the ring. "Uh nothin' just debating who's team is gonna win. Obviously my precious bulldogs." He says, pointing to himself. I'm still in stunned silence. "Right Eric?" He asks, glaring hard at me. "Oh uh right. Um, Georgia sucks." The girls laugh and he narrows his eyes. "Whatever. Let's get a move on." He says, gruffly. "I think Jason's mad that you said the bulldogs suck." I roll my eyes. "Think what you want sis." She shrugs and catches up to him, holding his hand. "I thought you guys weren't hating each other anymore." Sierra asks. "We're not. But he's really competitive when it comes to football." I mumble. She shrugs it off and we head to the park. Probably where he wants to propose.