Testing His Love

*2 weeks later*

Miranda's pov

Eric invited me to the Talladega race track. I go downstairs. "Hey Jason, I'm going to the race track with Eric today."

Jason's pov

Uh oh. What if Eric talks to her about the other night?! "Uh.... Ok but ya know how Eric doesn't like us being together?" She nods and sits down beside me at the table. "Just don't listen to him. He gave me hell after we thought you were pregnant." "Silly I already don't listen to him on that annoying shit. I know the truth, Jason." Worry fills me. "T-The truth?" "Well that nothing could break us up because we both love each other." My eyes go wide. "Uh y-yeah. Nothin'. I'll probably hang out with Luke." She goes upstairs to get ready. I smack my forehead in frustration. What do I do?

*later*

Me and Luke were at his house drinking and just hanging out. "Ever feel like what you're doing is just a waste of time?" "What do you mean?" He asks, tossing a dart at the dart board. "Well Miranda, I love her and I love dating her and being with her and stuff but Eric is gonna ruin everything by one stupid thing I said when I was mad!" "What'd you say?" "Well we had a pregnancy scare a while back and Eric was completely breathing down my neck, ya know and I accidentally admitted that if she was pregnant I was gone." His eyes go wide. "Accidentally said or admitted?" I'm confused. "What do you mean?" "Dude, you wouldn't really do that, would you?" Oh man. I look away, feeling guilty again. "Come on man, that's terrible. You'd abandon your kid?" Wait a minute.... There's no way I could do that. I feel really bad. I think I'll go to the racetrack and talk to her. I get to Talladega and the sound of cars flying by is deafening. I locate them both at the VIP seats. But they're talking. Which worries me. I try to go over there but they won't let me, cause it's VIP! Dammit!

Eric's pov

I glance over her shoulder and see him! I cross my arms and shake my head. He turns angry like I guessed but I put my ball cap on. "We need to talk." I say. "What's up?" She doesn't know he's here. "Jason said he'd leave if you were pregnant." She rolls her eyes. "Eric I don't know why you're so against us. But your bullshit is really getting annoying. Jason loves me he won't leave me!" "Good thing I recorded him saying it."

Jason's pov

I finally sneak past security and get to where they are. Oh crud she's crying. He told her! "I'm sorry I tried to warn you." I'm gonna kill him! "Eric!! Quit telling her shit!" I yell. She turns around in surprise, tears in her eyes. "I can't believe you! You'd just abandon me!!" "No wait! I won't. I was just mad when I said that! I didn't mean it!" He grabs her arm, pulling her behind him. "Go away and leave my sister alone. You're not going anywhere near her!" I clench my fists in fury. "Just try and stop me." He turns his cheif cap around. I take my cowboy hat off. I'm fighting him. I'm about to fight someone who used to be my best friend. "Oh so you're really gonna fight me?" He says, smirking. He doesn't think I'm really gonna do it. I get in a fighting stance.

Miranda's pov

I don't know what's about to happen and I'm scared. Jason's not really gonna fight for me is he? I mean if he really cared like he says he does he wouldn't have said he'd leave me if I got pregnant. "I'll fight tooth and nail for the girl I love." He growls, narrowing his eyes at my big brother! He really will. He's gonna fight for me! "Step back baby I don't want you to get hurt." I look in between my brother and my boyfriend. I shake my head and run to Jason, throwing my arms around his neck. He loses his balance and falls down. "B-But.. I didn't even do anything." "The fact that you'd fight your best friend over me is enough." I say, kissing him. When I stop, he's staring at me wide eyed. "I do love you baby and I promise I won't leave if you got pregnant." The worry I felt vanishes in an instant. Tears fill my eyes and we stand up. "You promise you won't leave?" I ask shakily. He nods and holds my hands. "I promise baby girl, if you tell me you're pregnant right now, I won't run off or nothin'." I bite my lip. "Jason, I'm pregnant." His eyes go wide. "You're messin' with me right? Cause of this whole thing?" I shake my head. "That's why I was so scared to tell you. I'm two weeks along so it must've been the night we both got super drunk after our first scare." He stares at me in stunned silence. I'm so scared. What if he really does back out. Eric crosses his arms and waits for Jason to reply. He probably wants to tell me I told ya so if he leaves. "You're pregnant." He repeats shocked. I nod shaking from fear. He kisses me passionately, his arms wrapping tight around my waist. "I'm gonna be a father." He whispers. Happy tears come to my eyes and I start sobbing with happiness. "Oh Jason." He hugs me tight. "I love you sweetheart." "I love you too."