A party to rekindle an old flame

Miranda's pov

I had my head in Jason's lap while talking on the phone to Sierra. "He was doubtful at first but he eventually gave in." "Did you use the puppy eyes?" She asks. I laugh. "Nope, I didn't even have to, surprisingly. Girl you should come. Try reconnecting with Eric. Maybe he'll get off our backs if he has his Si-Si back again." "Oh jeez don't call me that." Yes my best friend used to date Eric. But he left for Nashville and she didn't want to go with him. They got in a huge fight and broke up. They haven't talked since. Jason covers my eyes, messin' with me. "What are ya doing?" I ask, smiling. "Messin' with ya." He says. I laugh and sit up, kissing him. I let the phone fall to the couch. I hear Sierra calling for me but I don't reply because I'm getting lost in Jason's gorgeous green eyes. "I'm so in love with you." I whisper, my lips barely apart from his while now sitting on his lap. His hands on my sides.

*one week later*

I rush out to meet my home girl. I hug her tightly and Jason walks out wearing just his boxers since it's like 7 in the morning. He's not totally awake. I laugh. "Jason?" "Huh?" He looks down and realizes, going back inside. "When we're home alone, that's his usual." I mumble, rolling my eyes. She just laughs. We go inside and Jason comes back downstairs fully dressed. I smile. "I forgot she was coming over today." He mumbles. "It's fine. I like showing off my boyfriend." He laughs. "It's me who should show you off." He says, smirking and kissing me. "Oh Eric is gonna be at this party right?" Sierra asks. I smile, too distracted to answer. Jason nods.

*later that night*

Eric's pov

I fill my cup up then hear someone call my name. I turn around, my cup falls from my hand in shock. "Si-Si." I gasp. She smiles and nods. Her blonde hair, long and flowing. She looks beautiful. "Hey Eric. Long time no see." "Y-Yeah."

Jason's pov

"Just look at that boy. He's such a mess." I gasp, laughing. "Those two were such a perfect couple when we lived in Carolina." She says, her back against my chest, my arms around her waist. "I'm so glad you don't live in Carolina anymore." I whisper, kissing  her neck. "Jason, don't do that to me in public." I can't help but laugh. "Do what?" She turns around with that smartass grin on her face. "You turnin' me on and there ain't nothin' we can do about it." I smirk. She's picked up on my redneck talk. "There is somethin' we can do about it. Why don't we leave your friend with mine and ditchin' this party." Her hands rest on my shoulders, mine still around her waist. "I think I like that idea." "Then come on. This night's been waitin' on us." She laughs. "Song lyrics are the best way to flirt." I wasn't even thinking. Either way.

Eric's pov

I've been catching up with Sierra for a while and man did I miss her. "There's not a man in your life right now is there?" I ask, nervously. She smiles and looks away, her cheeks reddening. "Well there is one guy." She says. Oh dang. She's dating someone. "Oh, ok, I'll uh just go now then" I mumble, starting to walk away." She laughs and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Eric, I'm talking about you!" My eyes get wide and I spin back around. "Really?" I cry. She nods. "Eric." She whispers in my ear. "Yeah?" "Kiss me. I smile and do just that.

Jason's pov

That party was a little stale anyway. I only went cause she wanted to go to hook Sierra and Eric back up. By the look of the text she just got it worked. She sets her phone back down and lays back down beside me. "We are such geniuses." She mumbles, making me smile. "No baby you're the genius." I whisper, kissing her forehead.