Chapter 19

Glo and I were sitting together on one of the smaller couches in Jacob's house when the pack arrived. I had my arm wrapped around her shoulders and the other cradling the back of her head as she leaned on my shoulder, shaking. The worst thing that could happen right now was her getting angry and shifting, seeing as how the Uley Pack already wanted us gone. As the door opened, I was hit with the forceful scent of the pack and felt my sister relax in my arms as Leah's scent grew stronger when she made her way into the room. I released my sister and let her move to her imprint before standing off the couch and allowing Seth to wrap his arms around my shoulders tightly. I rested my head against his shoulder and breathed in his scent to calm my nerves as I looped my arms around his waist.

"We'll figure this out. Sam will just have to get over himself eventually." I told him quietly and I heard him sigh.

"I know." He mumbled, tightening his grip a little. "I don't like how he talks about you, though." I smiled against him warm skin.

"Not everyone is gonna agree with you imprinting on a vampire, amica mea. It's just the way it is." I replied and he huffed before pulling away with a kiss on my forehead and then sitting on the couch, pulling my hand for me to sit beside him. With a smirk, I instead settled myself on his lap and rested my head on his chest, directly over his heart so that I could hear it beating loud and clear. Not that I couldn't do that from the other side of the house, but it's was comforting to hear it so loudly.

I watched quietly as Quil left, saying something about his imprint, and Jacob did the same. Embry quickly left after things got quiet and awkward, which made me smile a little.

It was twenty minutes before the silence in the room was disturbed. From upstairs, a phone went off in Seth's room and I immediately recognized the ringtone. I looked up to see Glo looking at me with wide eyes and, at the same moment, we both jumped up and dashed towards the bedroom at top speed. I blinded her and she cursed and crashed into a wall as I rushed past her into the bedroom to grab the phone and answer it quickly.

"Hey, Connie. How's everything in Italy?" I asked in Latin, the language I was most comfortable. I heard her laugh as she heard me begin to struggle to keep Glo away from me.

"Things are fine, I was just calling to check in. Am I interrupting something?" She laughed and I laughed, grabbing Glo's wrist and turning it backwards until her back arched and she fell to the floor so I could pin both of her hands behind her back and sit on her so she couldn't move.

"No, nothing." I replied nonchalantly. "Where's Chance?"

"Over here." I heard slightly muffled and I smiled.

"Are you alone?"

"Yeah, everyone else had a mission and Aro doesn't want us going just yet." Chance said, not sounding very happy about it.

"You sound upset. In love with the witch twins already?" I teased, and I heard them laugh.

"You fell for your pet dog after maybe a few hours, don't be hypocritical. You know, they aren't that bad." Connie said and I smiled as I tightened my grip on Glo, who was starting to struggle.

"No, I bet they aren't. I'll have to be properly introduced the next time I visit. I would have done it the first time, but I wanted you to get to know each other before I scared the crap out of them." I told her, and I heard them both chuckle, knowing I wasn't joking.

"Alec's already thoroughly terrified, and I really don't think Jane needs it." I heard Chance say and I snorted.

"Yeah, nice try. I'll be over there eventually and those two are gonna understand the wrath of a Roman woman." I told them with a grin, looking towards the door as I heard Seth and Leah approaching. They appeared in the doorway and stopped, looking at me as I sat on top of my sister with their eyebrows raised.