Chapter 12

It was finally Friday and I was nervous about meeting Ms. Clearwater. Glo keeps looking at me out of the corner of her eye and telling me to stop bouncing my leg, but I always started again when I stopped concentrating. The day seemed to drag on forever and when we were finally dismissed from class, I had to stop myself from running out of the room at top speed and giving us away. I walked briskly out of the school with Glo at my side and smiled when I saw Leah and Seth waiting by Leah's car. Leah and Glo hugged and Seth made sure to kiss me square on the mouth for everyone to see. I smiled into the kiss at his behavior, but I thought it was cute. I heard a few guys grumbling behind me but I ignored it. Seth was all I needed.
We all got in the car, Leah driving with Glo riding shotgun and Seth and I in the back. I held Seth's hand all the way to the border u too he had to pull his hand back because I was holding it a little too tight.
"Sorry." I said quickly as he shook his hand a little.
"It's fine. There's nothing to be worried about, you knowing sure my mom'll love you both." He smiled at me widely and I tried to smile back, though it was probably a little strained. He took my hand, making sure I wasn't in a position to crush his bones, and started telling me about how excited his mom had been to hear that they had both imprinted. I couldn't help but smile at his innocence and think about how I really truly loved him. He took my mind right off of how nervous I was and I was grateful for that. We arrived way too soon for my taste, but I took a deep breath and pushed down the rising panic in my stomach, concentrating on where Seth had his arm around my waist and allowed his scent to calm me down. I could smell his mother in the house as well as some cookies and I smiled a little. I hesitated a little at the door but Seth pulled me in with him. No getting out of this now. Ms. Clearwater was in the kitchen when we came in but she came out to greet us.
"Hey, you two must be Tori and Glo. They were right, you really are stunning. Although, I guess that's kind of a given." I smiled and held out a hand.
"I'm Tori." I said, but she pushed my hand out of the way and pulled me into a hug.
"Oh, okay." I said, laughing and hugging her back. She let go and pulled Glo into a tight, motherly embrace as well before stepping back and smiling at us.
"Welcome to the family girls. I can't wait to get to know you." She told us before going back into the kitchen. "So." She called from inside and we all walked over to sit at the counter. "Do you two have any powers like the Cullen's? I'd like some warning before you pull any magic tricks." She told us, smiling and laughing a little. I looked at Glo and gestured for her to go first.
"Well," she said, "I can control the elements, fire, earth, water, air, and metal." I smiled at her.
"And I can influence the senses. I find it pretty entertaining to convince my siblings I dyed my hair." I tell her, making everyone see my black hair as blonde, making Ms. Clearwater laugh.
"That's very cool." She said, pulling some cookies out of the oven. "Now, I know you two don't eat, but these two on the other hand never stop." She said, putting the tray on the counter. Leah and Seth quickly reached over and grabbed one each even through they weren't even done cooling.
"Ah." Seth winced as he burned his tongue on the molten chocolate in the cookie.
"That's what you get for now waiting, smart one." I teased, kissing him on the cheek and stopping the pain. He grinned widely when I kissed him, making me laugh. I reached over and grabbed a cookie, making sure it was cool before attempting to influence my own senses. I took a bite and grinned at Glo who gaped at me.
"These are really good, here." I held it out to Glo and she took it, looking at it suspiciously. I smiled.
"Come on. You saw how it worked with Rose." I prodded. She shrugged and took a small bite as I influenced her senses. Her eyes went wide and she threw her arms around me in a crushing hug. She released me and I stretched my arms to try and get rid of the cracks quicker, making her laugh.
"Sorry." She said, still eating the cookie.
"How are you doing that?" Leah asked, looking at Glo. I smiled.
"I just influenced her palate. Replicating a human's. These cookies are really good, Ms. Clearwater." I explained, taking another bite. She beamed at me.
"Just call me Sue, sweetie. Ms. Clearwater makes me feel old." She told me and I laughed a little.
"Sorry, guess I'm just a little old fashion." I said, which make Seth snort, which he tried to cover with a cough. I laughed a little.
"Okay, very old-fashioned." I relented. "It's just how we were raised. Blame my parents, it's really their fault."
We spent the next few hours there, and Ms. Cl- Sue was really nice. I guess Seth was right, I had nothing to worry about. Wow, I hope it didn't just jinx it. Smooth, Tori. Smooth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I might post my really awful Doctor Who story. Should I? I want to, but, at the same time, it's really bad in my opinion. But, then again, I hate all my stuff and people tell me it's good.