Chapter 2*

The five siblings raced through the forest towards their destination. After spending an hour crossing the Atlantic from their home in Greece, they wanted to let out their energy. They ran so fast that their formes blurred, each pulling ahead for a short while, only to be passed by another. They laughed and whooped, each trying to be in front, while staying with the group.

It took them three hours to cross from Maine to Washington, including a break to hunt in Montana and a quick pit stop in Vancouver. When they reached the Cullen mansion, they slowed their pace to walk up to the large house. They were surprised to see how many people that had congregated, and were scared when everyone turned to look at them all at once. Connie was the only one who ever interacted with the outside world regularly, so they panicked. Tori used her power quickly and they vanish.

"Who was that?" A blonde woman asked.

"Was that the coven Carlisle told us to expect?" Another, this time a brunette.

"Didn't he say that they didn't usually interact with others? Would be uncomfortable with all the people?" A burly man with short black hair asked.

"But where did they go? I can't smell them or anything."

"Well, he did say that they would be powerful."

Tori looked at her siblings, and Connie gave them all a reassuring nod. Tori took a deep breath and made them visible again. The crowd was shocked at the sudden appearance, even more surprised that they still couldn't seem to smell the new coven.

"My name is Tori Everson, and Carlisle Cullen implored us to witness for you. Is there someone in charge we can speak with?" She asked, taking a step forward, squaring her shoulders and keeping her chin up. A man stepped forward towards her, and they all took a reflexive step back. Tori, Glo, and Nora easily closed in around the twins, and Chance's arm around Connie's waist tightened to pull her closer.

The man put up his hands in a reassuring manner, and the family watched him warily from their protective stance.

"My name is Edward." He said in a low voice.

"You are the father of the child." Tori responded. He nodded and motioned for someone behind him. The brunette woman who had spoken earlier walked forward slowly, holding the hand of a small girl who appeared to be five years of age. Tori crouched down to the child's height as she approached without her parents, and gave the young girl a small smile.

"Hello, child." She said. The girl only smiled and placed her hand gently on the woman's cheek. She went into a daze, and all of her siblings stiffened anew. When the girl removed her hand, Tori gave her a smile and placed a kiss on her forehead before standing to face her sisters and brother to reassure them.

"All they say is true. This child, Reneesme, is half immortal and was born while her mother, this newborn, was human." She explained.