Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I can't believe my baby siblings imprinted on the witch twins. I know I shouldn't make assumptions about them before I'm actually introduced, but their reputation proceeds them and I can't help it. They're obviously going to be perfect for Connie and Chance, but that didn't mean I had to like it.

As everyone was saying goodbye, I stood off to the side in Seth's arms, not ever wanting to let go. We had decided (I had been forced) to go to Volterra right away, since Chance and Connie looked ready to burst into flames as soon as Alex and Jane left. We had spoken to Jake and Mrs. Clearwater and decided (Glo and I did not agree) that it was safer for Seth and Leah to stay here (they didn't like it either) while we went. I had promised Seth that I would come back within the a year, hoping nothing went wrong with the Volturi. I pulled back from Seth and kissed him softly, not wanting to leave but knowing I had to. I pulled away and looked into his eyes that looked just as distressed as I felt. I felt like I was leaving a part of my soul with him. Letting go of him, I silently reached behind my neck and took of the ribbon necklace I always wore and untied it. I retied it around his neck loosely so the small golden figure of Victoria laid in the middle of his chest. He looked down at me in wonder, knowing how much this necklace meant to me. It had been given to me by my mother before she died so that my patron goddess, Victoria could always protect me.

"May Victoria protect you in my absence." I whispered, just loud enough for him to hear. He pressed his forehead to mine, looking into my eyes and whispered "I love you." which could have reduced me to a puddle of tears right then and there if I could cry. I pulled him into another crushing hug before Glo came over and put her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her to see her necklace of a globe was gone as well. I looked past her to see it around Leah's neck, who looked just as pained as the rest of us. I pulled away from Seth and kissed him one last time before I took Glo's hand and let her lead me away. I was usually the leader of the group, but she knew I needed someone to help me now, just like I knew she needed the same thing. Connie and Chance looked ready to explode with impatience, but before we could leave, I felt something grab my leg and I couldn't move it. I looked down to see Nessie crying and clinging to my bare foot. I leaned down and picked her up, hugging her to me.

"I promise I'll be back soon, and I'll tell you a story, Kay?" She nodded into my shoulder and I smiled sadly. I lifted her off me and crouched down to her level when I put her down.

"I have some homework for you, baby girl." She nodded again. "I want you to have a story of your own ready when I get back. I know you can make a beautiful story. You can get Jacob to help you with it, can you do that for me?" She nodded and smiled a little, making me smile. I stood up and waved one last time to everyone before we all started running to Seattle where we had a flight to catch.

~Skipping plan ride because nothing happens~

We arrived in Florence, Italy and smiled, knowing it was close to home. I still missed Seth and the absence of my necklace was a constant reminder of what I had left behind, but I steeled myself and pushed through. We all walked to behind the airport and then ran the 75 kilometers to Volterra. We stopped once to feed and then continued, arriving at the main entrance. A human woman waited at the reception desk and I walked over with my family at my back. She looked up at us and seemed dumb-struck for a second, confused when she saw me, Glo, and Nora.

"We are here to see Aro, Caius, and Marcus." I told here. She nodded and stuttered a little, standing and motioning for us to follow her. She led us to the throne room where the three king sat with their guard. I saw Jane and Alex standing beside the kings and shot them a glare, but Nora was quick to grab my arm and stop me from doing something stupid. I'm very protective of my family. Aro stood when he saw us and waved his human away. She bowed slightly and I didn't miss it when Nora's gaze followed her out the door. She was always the one who had a problem controlling her thirst. She was quick to regain focus, though, as Aro walked forward.