Decisions Versus LOVE

Armin's POV:

For quite some time I had begun to realize that maybe my position as a Survey Corp was too harsh for me? I wasn't quite sure but as I was healing I began to become more anxious and was in need of getting back to work. Usually my days were spent lazing around in the castle's library in a warm nest of blankets by a fire. All I would do is write in the book my Grandpa had given me long ago, showing me what was far beyond the walls, what was waiting far away.

Though it was like every other boring day of sitting around, Hanji had decided to appear out of her office and showed up with some papers and a pen, "What would you think of joining the medical team and being a researcher? I mean, you have marvelous notes from what I have seen and I would love to have you work under me. From what I can see, you are in need of doing something and since you look much much better I thought I would give you the offer."

I stared at Hanji with wide eyes, wondering who was behind this offer. Maybe it was Levi trying to tell me I need get off my ass and actually do something without having to scoff at me while he sips at his tea. I slowly took the paper from the overly excited woman and read through the papers that seemed to be stained with... some odd smelling chemical. The pen I held in my hand slowly glided over the page and I looked through my note book for proof that I had my medical degree. A large smile peeled across Hanji's face and she squealed at the top of her lungs. Just as she began to jump around in joy, Levi had entered the room after a long day's worth of work and had made his way over to where the high-pitched squeal had come from. 

He held a steaming cup of tea in has right hand and had what looked  like a binder or portfolio worth of papers under his arm as he walked over. Levi stared for a moment then shooed Hanji off so that he could have some time with the one he missed the most- me. A soft kiss was placed on my cheek and my heart fluttered as my cheeks heated up with joy. "I'm guessing that your day was the same as every other day?" he asked in a soft voice as he blew the steam off the surface of his tea.

"Ummmmm... no I had a new job offer within the regiment and I have accepted it, I am very pleased with it actually. Seems a lot more safe in my opinion," I say as I close up my book and hand the papers I was given to Levi so that he can read it and get a look at the new job that I have.

He snorted a little and spat out a little tea which surprised me a little but he then said quietly as he choked a little on his tea, "-cough- N-Nice... are you sure you can handle the stress of big meetings? I mean you already stress out enough about your medications... and what about the time  that I am going to have with you? This -cough- is a lot to take on Armin.. especially after what JUST happened to you." All of a sudden a pouty look showed up on my face and I sighed a little as I took the papers back and scratched out my name off the paper, a little angry that I couldn't really do much without Levi's permission... or what seemed like his permission. I pulled my blankets around my body and crumpled the papers, "I was just trying to show you I was ready to go out and try again.. Hanji already has added me in on the trip to the central wall..."