Between the Lines

Levi's POV:

Armin seems to be the type that gets quite...embarrassed and quickly. He likes it when I nip at him, but he says he doesn't like it. He hides his childish side behind this very secretive, mature, teenage boy. In a way it is a bit attractive to me, how he acts so tall when he stands short of his height. Even though he is broken inside and out, Armin still manages a smile against that bright, painless face of his. What is it about him? How can he do that? It's...intriguing in it's own way. Every inch of him, that is. But I still can't understand how he does it.

Later in the day I took Armin down to a near by park, watching him stumble along beside me. His cheeks were a bright pink and he laughed with each funny phrase that came across the cold air of the mid-winter day. Armin used his crutches to support him as he walked and stopped when he spotted a dog. Within minutes the boy's mature side melted away like ice on a summer day, petting the dog with his shaky hand. A large part of me felt guilty that he had to take so many drugs, just to help with the healing process. Could it possibly hurt to buy him a small gift that could help him in the long run? The thought came across my mind, but I am a person for cats. Dogs are...filthy beings. But I guess I could live with one if it will make Armin feel better.

As soon as we came across the park, he took his place in a swing, gently swaying back and forth, looking up at the full and white sphere glowing in the sky.

"Don't you ever think that the moon is just freedom, waiting on the other side of the walls?" Armin murmured and stared at the moon.

"I-..ahhh...don't really know. That's a question that only certain people can answer." I replied as I rubbed my shoulder, getting up and standing behind him and gently pushing him along on the swing. A joyous smile appeared on his face, making him for some odd reason, look blissful and at peace for once. Very quickly I snatched the chain into my fists and stopped the swing, watching as his head tilted back to look at me. Armin's eyes seemed to glitter and shine within the light of the stars.

Slowly yet carefully I leaned down, planting a kiss on his lips and felt him hesitantly kiss back. I was a little shocked but, he kissed back. My needs were somewhat taking me farther in life.

After I pulled away Armin blushed and whispered, "I love you too Heichou..."