Still Hurts

Levi's POV

Later that night I had brought Armin to his room and laid him on his bed after he had passed out against my shoulder. He seemed to be in much more pain than before he had gotten up and started moving around. It was sad to see him in such pain when he tried so hard to get where he wanted to be. I mean...it was the modern age. Right? Nothing was gonna stop that kid from going to school, passing his grades, and fighting for life. Armin had stated several times to me over the past few months that life had a purpose and that if it meant anything to me that he would keep fighting and caring for all that he had, even though it wasn't much.

I sat in the chair by the desk in his room and watched him carefully. I had asked Hanji for help multiple times since...I am not the best of caretakers. But I helped with the cleaning and the emotion boosting. Armin had seemed down these days but he still kept his face burrowed into books all day long. But the thing that worried me most is that whenever Hanji had tried to get Armin to eat, he refused anything. It was always a shake of the head and a pouty face. I didn't know what to do. I tried to talk to him about it, I couldn't go to his parents or relatives considering they were slaughtered due to over population. 

I decided that this was the day I was gonna talk to Armin about things and catch up to speed. It was worrying me too much and I needed to know what was wrong. With a gentle push I opened the door to his room to see him on the floor in a puddle of tears. "Levi...help me...please..." His face was pale and his foot looked as if it was bent the wrong direction from where I was standing. A couple seconds after realization hit me I called for Hanji and helped him up, placing him on the bed and making him look at me by holding his chin, " Hey Armin...hold it together. Don't cry. What happened? What were you trying to do???"

"I was trying to show...y-you that I can walk..." He whined, his eyes watered and he sniffled. I couldn't figure out whether I was proud or whether I was about ready to break down myself. "I...was t-trying to show you that I was better..."

I sighed and looked at him as I kissed his cheek, helping Armin out into a better position on the bed so that he was a little bit more comfy. "Don't worry about it Armin. I am happy that you tried to prove that you can walk. Just a little more rest though, okay? I also need you to eat a little. That is the cause for not being as strong as you were before. I am here for you and I will help you through this all...I promise and swear."

A short nod appeared and Hanji had wrapped Armin's ankle and put some food to the side just incase a decision was made. I pulled up the desk chair and sat beside the bed as he whispered, "Will you eat with me? I don't want to be alone anymore and I will try to eat...just for you though..."