H u n t e r - d r e a m

We were all gathered around the large wooden table for dinner. Her parents, Hannah, and I. We ate in silence before Hannah's mother started talking and we listened to her.

"So how do you find Hannah, Hunter?" She asked me, her husband coughed, clearly not entertained with the subject.

"Beautiful," I said, smiling at her Hannah first then her mother. Hannah smiled in return and touched my hand under the table in thankfulness.

Her mother grinned, "I'm happy. She had many boyfriends in the past, but none of them were good. They all had something wrong."

"No one is perfect," I said and her mother nodded. "But Hannah is."

That made the smile grow to everyone around the table, and if I had to say, then their dog also smiled at my words.

God. I feel so bad.

"What do you do for a living?" Her father asked me my dreaded question. I can't tell him I do women for a living. It'll get things out of control. This is the thing about meeting someone's parents; they have a book of questions stored behind their wrinkled faces. And I despise all those questions.

"I work for a company," I replied. "And it's been good for the past years."

"Great," her father stated then shoved a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

"What's your dream?" Her mother suddenly asked me after several minutes of calmness. I almost chocked, but fortunately I managed to swallow my food down.

"I have a lot of dreams," I started. "Being human is one of them."