H u n t e r - n e e d

"I'm house-hunting," I announced and her eyes widened in shock. She settled the glass on water from her hand and into the kitchen island, her fingers slightly shaking. 

"Are you for real?" she asked, walking around the island and towards me. I nodded and her eyes widened an extra fraction.

"Oh my God," she whispered before wrapping her arms around my torso tightly. My hand stroked her soft hair while the other was holding her closer to me. "Will it be bigger than this one?"

I lifted my head and looked around. A bedroom, A guest room that we turned to a store room, a kitchen, and the living room. "Yes, definitely bigger than this one."

 "Where's the money from?"

"My job," I muttered and she got the hint and didn't push it further. "I'll get it soon."

"The cafe is doing good," she stated out of the blue then pulled away, looking at me. "Businessmen are always there with their tips ready."

"Good," I smiled, I hate it when she gets tips from people, but it does pay off so I choose to stay quiet about it most of the times. She grabbed her purse and handed me her money. "Pearl--"

"This will help," she cut me off by closing my fingers around them with a hint of a smile on her face. "Let's hope for the best, Hunt."

I kissed her forehead. "Let's expect the worse too, Pearl."