H u n t e r - s h o r t

I walked inside the grand company of Drew, hoping that he would keep his promises and change my job title. Familiar faces passed me and I didn't bother with a greeting. 

I despise this place and everything in it, everything except the fact that I knew Hannah through it. 

I pushed the door of his office and entered. His office was nothing like the others. It wasn't just an office, it was a cluster of rooms together. It did make me lose my mind at first but I drew a map in my mind that I knew too much, too much.  

I passed a lady with a short skirt and she purposely stepped back so that her back is pushed against my chest. I cringed at the contact. She swayed her hips and I cleared my throat. 

"Excuse me," I said, pushing her gently away from me. She shook her head and muttered a 'You're so boring'. 

I shook my head and walked, heading to Drew's desk. I turned my head one last time to have a better view of her face. 

If she looked good then I can pass her every time I come here, I grinned at the thought that i would never do. 

She looked at me and our eyes locked for a second. A second that was too enough for me. I blinked and she turned and walked away. My grip on the doorknob tightened until my knuckles turned yellow. My mind couldn't register what just happened. An abnormal feeling roamed my insides as my mouth opened and my lips moved to create her name.

"Pearl," I said, and it was enough for me to lose everything for a few, solid minutes.