H u n t e r - V a l e n t i n e

I've traveled a lot in my life, but for some reason, this flight was not favorable. I stopped wheeling my bag and faced Pearl as she clutched for her dear life to my arm. I smiled at her messy bun and she tilted her head to face me.

"One week," she smiled weakly and I nodded. "Not the longest."

I nodded again.

"You know what's really irritating?"

"What?"

"That it'll be Valentine's day the day after tomorrow and you won't be here."

"I'll call you."

"I know that."

She tipped on her toes and planted a soft kiss on my lips, a good-bye kiss, I guess. I looked at her eyes and saw all their depths. A sea of emotions. A painting with all the colors in the world. Was she always this sad? I tilted my head to the side and stared more, letting everything inside her irises sink inside mine.

I hated my job because of how much I hurt her through it. Not because of my repetitive flights and my obvious absence, but for the fact that I go with women. An entertainment object. It's filed that I'm single, and I don't think they'd change that.

For my image, I assume.

I can't remember what forced me into this. The whole I-must-go-with-whatever-Drew-says technique, although he doesn't say much , and he never did. Orders like I want her satisfied always roll of his tongue.

I want her satisfied.

He says that like it doesn't affect me, although it kills everything beneath my skin.

He smiles when he hears good news.

And I grin when he gives me money.

For me and Pearl only.

"You're going to be late," her voice flew inside my ears and I blinked, trying to bury my thoughts.

"ٍGood bye, my Pearl," I whispered before I kissed her forehead. "And happy Valentine's Day."