H u n t e r - c h a n g e

The house has changed. I don't know what exactly happened but I could feel it. Something is not right. I kissed Hannah and she walked back to her car, a smile curving her lips. She waved with her hands before she climbed inside and I waved back.

We acted like teenagers sometimes, and it's amusing to think about us like this.

I locked the door behind me and kicked off my shoes. I tugged at my shirt before I threw it across the room for it to land on the small table next to the couch. I yawned and made my way to the kitchen to drink some water, but who I saw in the kitchen made me forget about my thirst almost immediately.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her, still in shock.

"I came to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about, Pearl. Leave."

"No," she said calmly, walking closer to me. "We need to talk."

I shook my head and turned to walk outside the kitchen but she grabbed my arm.

"Hunter!" she yelled when I shook her off.

I snapped my head to her direction. "What, Pearl?! What do you want?"

"I'm no longer with William."

I laughed. I actually laughed at her words. "I no longer care, baby."

"Hunter, I want you."

"Why?"

"You're different."

"You left me first, didn't you?"

"I was stupid--"

"Oh yes you are."

"--and I want you back, Hunter. I want you with all your flaws and all your mistakes and all your imperfections. I thought about you every time I was with him and it killed me from the inside. I want to only you but you..."

"I what?"

"You were with that girl that looked way better than me and I felt so insecure and it didn't feel good, not at all. I thought you wanted more than just bland ole' Pearl and she was better. I mean look at her," tears slid down her cheeks. "I still love you, Hunter. With all of my heart."

I rested my back against the wall and sighed. "You didn't let me explain."

"I don't care,Hunter. I don't want an explanation,I only want you to forgive me and take me into your arms.We can work this through."

"It's so hard."

"We'll make it easy."

"No, Pearl. It's much more complicated than you think."

"How? Why?"

"Because..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. I can't tell her I love Hannah, it'll freak her out and I can't tell her it's all okay but it isn't. I love her, but I love Hannah too.

It is really complicated and it makes me nauseous only thinking about it.

"Because what?" she asked, her eyes holding hope.

"Give me an hour," I said, I really fresh air right now to loosen up.

She nodded.

I went up to our room and locked the door, and I no longer heard her voice.

An hour after, I went out and problem is,

She was no where to be seen.