H u n t e r - n o

**after one month**

"Oh my God, Hunter," I heard her name whisper once the door of our room slowly opened. I looked up and she looked fine. Not tired. Not sad. Not exhausted. Not anything.

She tipped her way to the other side of the room, where I was sitting with my back to the wall and chugging on the remaining beer in my hand. I flinched. I didn't like that she was fine

I was not fine.

Her familiar arms circled my shoulders as she attempted to lift me with her her strength, but she couldn't. I knew that.

"Why?!" I snapped, pulling myself up, but falling again to hit the ground. Something crossed her face, but I missed it. I couldn't see properly.

"You need to rest, Hunter," she whispered again and I could feel tears roll down her cheeks.

"Rest?" I found myself laughing at her silly attempt to act like she cared. "Me?"

"Yes, Hunter."

"Go away, Pearl!" I yelled when she touched my arm again,pulling me up.

"Hunter!" she yelled back, and my head started throbbing. "You can't do this to yourself!"

I let out a humorless laugh that shocked her, "You did this," I found myself saying, not really caring about how my words would make her feel.

"Can we talk about this later?"

"I've waited one whole month, Pearl!" I snapped, but didn't move my arm from her hand. "One month! I looked for you everywhere. I asked everyone! I even went to your high school ex-boyfriend, Pearl!"

"I'm sorry."

I shook my head, "Where were you?"

"We'll talk later,okay?"

"No."

"Hunter,please."

"I said no," I could feel my eyes slowly close as I laid on the bed, taking in its comfort.

"Goodnight, Hunt," was the last thing I heard.

The only thing I wanted to hear.

The one thing that wasn't true.

This night wasn't good.

24\11/2015