H u n t e r - h i d d e n

"Happy three month anniversary," Hannah beamed, walking inside the bedroom with a cake and candles, what is this? A birthday? "Happy three months of love and care."

I smiled, taking my plate from her hand and settling over the nightstand.

"Happy anniversary," I kissed her forehead and she closed her eyes,leaning to me.

"Time passed so quickly," she said, taking in her first bite and looking over to me. "Really quickly."

"Yeah," I agreed. "We're so cliche, Hannah. A fake relationship turned real."

"Like the movies," she laughed and I smiled at her chocolate covered lips. "You're still working with Drew, right?"

"Yeah."

"You need to stop," she said, an unreadable expression on her face. "What you're doing is unhealthy for you, and us. You should thank God I'm not the jealous type, or else it would have been a hell of a relationship."

"I need the money."

"I can look up a job for you."

"I tried, but nothing pays off like Drew's. It'll change everything if my salary lessened."

"Trying wouldn't harm. I'll look today and tell you by dinner."

"Thank you."

"No need," she smiled and climbed off the bed with our plates in her hands. "Get ready for today, you're such a lazy panda."

I rolled her eyes and she chuckled. "Pandas are my favorite animals," she called before disappearing around the corner.

I held my phone in my hand when I heard it buzz, indicating a message.

"I'll come today. I'm sorry I was busy yesterday and I couldn't make it. One week of thinking is enough, don't you think? - Pearl. "

Her words were simple, so simple. She even apologized for not showing up yesterday, but something between her letters made my nerves tighten.

Something about her rhetorical question made me frown for no reason.

Something is wrong, and I already know her answers today wouldn't be right.