The Fight.

*Niall's POV*

"So you're actually thinking about adopting her?" I asked cautiously.

"Yes, I do plan on that. Why? Do you not all of a sudden like her? I thought she was your 'girlfriend'." Mum replied.

Noemi had went back to the orphanage for the night. My mum planed on adopting her on Wednesday. It was Sunday.

"I do like her," I paused. "A lot."

"Is she on the pill?" Mum asked out of the blue.

"EW! That's not something you talk about to a boy."

"Niall, calm down. It's a question. Have you guys... You know?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Had sex?" She nodded. "Erm No." I lied.

"Then you have nothing to worry about. You won't be shagging your only adopted sister. Imagine how much that could hurt an innocent mind. But I assume yours isn't as innocent." She said grabbing my dirty clothes and walking toward the laundry room.

"You have no idea." I said under my breath. I followed her toward the laundry room to continue this conversation.

"Besides, you guys are seniors, you'll hardly see her next year since you're auditioning for the X Factor."

The sudden realisation hit me, it's our last year. She probably has plans for the future. As do I. Maybe after high school we'll go our separate ways, and we'll never see each other again...

"Niall? Are you okay?" My mum brought me back from my thought.

"Yea. Fine. Listen, I've gotta go, see you at dinner." I headed toward the door.

"Nia-" I didn't stay for any questioning.

I walked along the sidewalk for hours, thinking. I was sure I was lost, but I didn't care.

"Hey! Prettyboy, you lost or somethin'?" A girl said to me, with a New York accent. She looked about 24.

"No, I'm fine."

"What's a guy like you doing in a place like this?" She asked.

"Just looking around." I stated.

"Well, if you're looking for the rich people place, you've headed in the wrong direction." She said with an over dramatic New York accent.

"Oh, thanks, but I'm actually looking for a girl, Noemi."

She smirked, "She sell you some coke too?"

I titled my head in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"Noemi, she's a hard core drug dealer around here, she could get you anything from dope to heroine." She whispered.

"Okay? Could you just say where she is?"

"She usually hangs with Ronny and the boys, on 32 St."

"Thanks." I smiled an headed off.

***

Reaching 32 St. I noticed how ugly it looked. It wasn't an ideal place I live. I guess London does have its bad side.

I saw some boys beating another person. I assumed it was a boy as well, but I was very wrong.

I got closer to the fight and was terrified at what I saw.

Noemi was the one getting beat by the one known as 'Ronny'.

"Noemi!" I screamed.