Half A Heart.

-Seven Months Later-

"How's life been?" Niall asked me, playing with my hair as I laid my head on his lap.

"It's been lovely, because I have you," I leaned up and kisses him then laid back down. "The twins, a family."

I remember back to six months ago, where I thought I was pregnant. I was so naïve. I did want a family eventually, I was just so young right now. I couldn't.

He let out a long sigh, "It's just sad that you're leaving me now," I looked down and twiddled with my fingers. "Are you sure you want to go to uni?"

"Absolutely! I need to be the best role model to these girls, something I didn't have." I said sternly getting up.

"When are you leaving again?"

"In two days." I looked at him and went upstairs to see my now almost vacant room. Maura had decided to move all of us back to Ireland, where Niall was born.

It was a peaceful countryside, away from most big cities like Dublin. I love the accents and the twins love that they get their own separate rooms.

Those two girls' birthdays are coming up soon, and we plan to spend it in America.

I hadn't lived in Ireland for very long but it feels like forever. I don't even remember what the orphanage looks like..

Everything I had had been placed in boxes, ready to be shipped off with me. The Horan family had some how mustered enough money to pay for a plane to help me haul my things to America and my place in uni.

By plane I do mean plane. They got me a plane to fly all my things on, I don't literally own the plane though.

The girls were running around the house, enjoying their last moments here. I walked into their rooms to make sure they packed everything like I had instructed them to, they did obediently. It was like we were just moving in yesterday.

I let out a big sigh. I was leaving this place in no less than 32 hours. Everyone in my last year was ecstatic to leave, I really just wanted to stay. I couldn't though, I had to live instead of staying in the same place for the rest of my life. I wanted the twins to live life everywhere.

It was pretty late, so I laid on my bed and slept there for the last time here.

***

I woke up, realising it was my last day there. Summer was ending and I had to start school at Pepperdine next week.

I then let out another big long sigh and sat up. My room was how I left it last night; empty.

Some of the things were missing. No doubt Maura was coming in and out putting things outside so we wouldn't have to do it later.

My door opened.

"Morning sleeping be-" Niall stopped himself mid sentence and came to my bedside. "Baby, are you okay?" he asked.

"Fine." I felt this knot in my throat as if I was going to cry, it was hard to breathe. I let out shaky uneven breaths when I could.

He sat down, "What's bothering you?"

"It's just," I paused. "I'm leaving here in less than 24 hours."

"Already feeling homesick?" he asked. "You haven't even left home you know." I glared at him; there was no reason for him to be laughing at a moment like this.

He must've noticed it: "Babe, I'm just playing." I relaxed a little.

"Don't worry," he continued. "You'll be fine, it's only for a couple years, you'll be back in no time." I smiled lightly at what he said, he was right no doubt about it.