2

I woke up at 9:00ish and remembered that tomorrow was going to be my first day of school in Sydney and I wasn't looking forward to it. Even back home in LA where i had friends, I still didn't enjoy attending school. It was filled with ignorant assholes with no taste in music and drama. After watching multiple episodes of cartoons I decided I would go find a local coffee shop and get some breakfast. I put on black jeans, a Sex Pistols shirt, and a pair of converse. Of course me being as self conscious as I am, i couldn't go out without makeup. I had okay skin, so i just put a light layer of foundation on and then some eyeliner, mascara, and last a burgundy lipstick. I was too lazy to straighten my hair so i left it wavy.

I walked down stairs to see my dad on his computer working, as usual. "Hey dad can i go get a coffee?" I ask even though I already know the answer.

"sure honey" he doesn't even look back as he hands me a $20 bill. I was going to pay for it myself but whatever. I wasn't really used too just being handed money, when i was with my mom she didn't quite make as much as my dad does so we rarely went out. All of my nice things were pretty much from my dad. I wasn't spoiled though, I did my share of chores and i got good grades. Also i wasn't rich by any means we just had enough to get through life plus a little extra.

I walked out the front door to be greeted by the scorching sun, which I was used to because I lived in California, but i still didn't enjoy the heat. Although I had no idea where I was going because I've only been to the airport and my house, i started down the street to find a coffee shop. Luckily there was one about two blocks away. As I opened the door a little bell rang signaling that there was a new costumer. Shit... of course the cashier just had to be a cute guy, now i needed to build up the nerve to order... great. Eventually, I walked up to the barista guy and begin to order.

"Hi, um can I have a medium iced vanilla latte." I ask

"Of course" he smiles, his blue eyes glistening.

"Im Luke" He says revealing his Australian accent.

"oh, hi.. um Im Maggie" I say nervously

"Are you knew in town, I haven't really seen you before?" He questions

" Yeah, I just moved here from California" I smile awkwardly

"Wow no way I've always wanted to go to Los Angeles." He grins

I become more comfortably now as we talk "Thats actually where Im from"

"Thats really cool, so where are you going to school?" he asks

"ugh I think its called Northwest High, or something like that" I answer

"Awesome thats where I go" Luke replies

"At least I'll have one person to talk too" I laugh

"Don't worry, me and my mates will show you around" he smiles once again causing me to blush

"That would be great thanks" I reply, taking my coffee out of his hands.

As I'm handing him the money I ask "By any chance do you know of a music store nearby?"

"Yeah there's one on the next block" he glances at his watch and then back at me "My shift is actually over right now, I could take you over there if you want"

"I mean I don't want to bother you-" I say but Luke interups.

"Your not bothering me... I actually need more friends." He throws off his apron and we walk out the door.

We barley even walk a block before I see a storefront filled with artwork made from instruments.

"Pretty cool huh" Luke grins

"Yeah awesome" I say as we push open the door. I practically run directly towards a beautiful electric guitar. Oh my gosh it's so gorgeous.  As I turn around, realizing I just left Luke, I bump into someone's rather muscular chest.

"Oh shit... I'm sorry" I say looking at my feet.

"Hey Calum what are you doing with my Maggie" I hear Luke's voice coming closer

"nothing" the broad figure laughs still standing close to me. Eventually I look up and I almost faint cause HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS GUY IS HOT. 

"Hi Maggie,I'm Calum" he says smiling

"Hi Calum" I say trying not to stare too much.

"Maggie just moved to Sydney from LA" Luke joins the conversation,

" Oi that's why you have the accent" he giggles making me focus on his chocolate brown eyes.

"Calum goes to school with me too, he's one of my best mates" Luke wraps an arm around Calum

"So Maggie what year are you?" Calum asks

It took me a second to realize what he was asking but I replied "Oh I'm in my last year."

"Cool so your our age... Do you play" he asks gesturing to the luminous guitar.

" Yeah actually" I reply

"Nice I play bass and little Lukey over here plays guitar too" Calum states.

Wow hold up were all Australian guys this attractive, nice, and play instruments because hot damn this was nice.

"That's awesome" I say a little too over enthusiastically. My phone buzzes so I pull it out of my pocket and check the text.

Dad: where r u?

Me: at a music store, why what's up?

Dad: just wondering. Be back in 20 I want you to help unpack the rest of the house before school.

Me: okay

"Are we boring you that much?" Luke asks jokingly.

"God no, my dad wants me to head back home." I say sighing

"Ahh bummer we'll see you tomorrow" Luke says

"Yeah ok" I reply heading towards the door.

"Hey what's your number so we can meet tomorrow morning" Luke asks smiling, he takes his phone out and hands it too me. Calum does the same, I typed my name and number into they're phones and then head out the door.