Chapter 32

Lillian's POV

Why did they lie to me when I was human? I just wish I could go back and change that day. I was the one that killed them that day. Not Cora. I thought that they would survive. That only silver could kill them. I was wrong and they drowned. I was a murderer and I still am. Why should I live when I've killed so many people? So many people would live long happy lives if I die. I need mum. I need her. I cry and run home. I run in and go to the couch. I hear mum coming down the stairs.

"Lillian? What's wrong?" She asks panicked.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I killed my best friends. I've killed so many people. I don't want to be here anymore. I want to die, mum. I don't want to carry on." I sob hard. She brings me into her arms and I cry in her arms just like I used to when I was younger.

"It'll be ok, Lillian. I promise. I'm always going to be here for you." She soothes. I carry on crying and eventually fall asleep in mum's arms.

Melanie's POV

When I hear Lillian's steady breaths, I lie her down on the couch and grab a blanket and put it over her. I kiss her on the forehead and walk back upstairs to Damon.

"Who was it?" Damon asks.

"Our daughter." I say sadly.

"What was wrong?" He asks.

"She wants to die, Damon. She doesn't want to carry on any more." I say starting to tear up.

"W-what? She's our baby. She can't die." Damon says tearing up himself.

"We have to be there for her. We have to make her see that there are people that love her." I sob. My baby is in this dark place that I used to be in. My poor baby.

"We will get everyone around later to make her see she's loved. Let's get some rest." I cuddle up next to him and eventually fall asleep.