Chapter 12

A/N: I hope this chapter is fine.

Lillian's POV
The minute I set foot in the Boarding House, I was engulfed in a hug by mum.
"Lil! Sweetie! I missed you!" She squeals.
"I missed you too mum but please let me go." I say.
"A little longer." She says gently.
"Mother! Now!" I reply sternly. She lets go and moves to the living room. I follow her and we sit on the couch.
"What happened to my little Lillian?" She asks looking at me.
"She grew up. She had to because she was getting ignored." I say.
"You weren't ignored though." She says.
"But I was. Ever since Melody came in to the picture, I've been ignored. Dad hates me." I say.
"I didn't realise. I'm sorry. You will always be my little girl."
"But I'm not. Melody is your little girl." I say shaking my head and tears start falling.
"Listen to me Lillian. You were my second baby and-"
"Second baby? You mean I had an older sibling? Where are they?" I ask.
"He died." She said quietly.
"How?" I ask.
"Drowned." I gasp and shake my head.
"How old was he?"
"5." She replies. I gasp again and shake my head. I'm doing that too much.
"Lillian. Listen to me. Ok? You will always be my number one baby girl. Melody will not change that." She says and I look her in her eyes and see that she's telling the truth. I smile and hug her tightly.
"Thank you so much, mum! Where's dad?" I ask.
"He'll be here in a second." She says and I nod. I hear the door open and see dad. He looks at me and his eyes widen. He rushes over and engulfs me in a hug. I hug back and after a couple of minutes, I remember what mum told me. I pulled back and growled at him. He looked at me confused.
"You. You disowned me?!" I growl furiously.
"Lillian! I didn't mean it!" He says back quickly.
"I can't believe you dad. I thought... I thought... I can't keep doing this. I'm sorry." I say wiping my eyes. I go up and grab all my essentials. I put them in a suitcase and jump out the window. I run to Mitch's house. I knock and he opens it. I look him in the eyes and start sobbing. He sees my suitcase and nods. He knows what I want to do. He picks me up bridal style and I grab my suitcase, still sobbing. He opens the car boot and I put the suitcase in there. He closes it and takes me the passenger side. He opens the door and carefully places me inside. He puts my seatbelt on and closes the door. I bring my knees to my chest and sob even more. Mitch gets in the driver side and starts the car. He goes and we start heading out of Mystic Falls. This is it. Goodbye old life. Hello new life.