Chapter 9 part 3: Captured

Wow long time for update.  Well, longer chapter - enjoy and vote if you like :)

“Lily? You mean that girl that nearly killed everyone?” Scott questioned as he followed Amy, who was carrying a now nearly unconscious Jessie in her arms.  Jessie could only see Amy’s face, and as much as she wanted to touch her palm to the woman carrying her she was too cold and too tightly wrapped in the coat.

“I believe so Scott.” Amy responded now about half way up the hill.

“Then why are we taking her? We should kill her right now.”

Amy reached the peak of the hill and the snowmobile she and Steve shared on the way down was now clearly in sight.  “Kill a cold frightened little girl? What kind of person are you?”

“I agree with him.” The deep and more experienced voice appeared again, somewhere behind Amy. 

“Yes, Professor, talk some sense in her, she’s holding some reincarnation of the most deadly creature on earth.  We have to kill it— for the good of mankind.”

“Amy, if that’s who you think she is.  If that’s who I think she is we can’t possibly help her.  She’s already far beyond the help of the living. We should dispatch the devil and move on with our lives,” the Professor said, catching up to Scott and Amy.

Amy reached the first snowmobile and set Jessie down in the snow next to it.  She reached into one of the pouches on the side of the leather seat and pulled something wrapped in cloth out, bandages maybe.  “It’ll be alright sweetie.” Amy whispered to Jessie as unwrapped what was in the cloth.  Below was a black pistol. She didn’t hesitate; Amy quickly fitted the pistol in her hand, aimed it at the old man and pulled the trigger twice.  There was almost no sound, as if all noise was muffled by the wind and cold. 

“You have a gun!” Scott yelled as Amy walked over to the man on the ground, aimed the gun down, and shot his downed body several more times. 

She then turned to Scott and pointed the gun in his direction.  “You’re going to drive us back to the lab.”

“Are you crazy?” Scott asked, pointing at the professor. “We’ve been working with him for two years, and you just shoot him dead cause he didn’t agree with you.  Where the hell did you get the gun?”

“Scott, we’re taking the girl back to the lab, and you’re going to drive.  Unless you want to end up like the Prof.”

Scott scowled stepped away from the snowmobile. “Who are you?” Scott stuttered preparing as if he was going to make a run for it.

“Undercover agent monitoring the plastic forest for any change. Been a sleeper down here for two years, been monitoring the forest since it appeared on the exact same day Lily was killed.”

“For who?”

“Doesn’t matter, we are to rescue the girl, not kill her.  She will help us secure the crown; just like she helped our enemies nearly annihilate the human race.”

“She did that on her own accord.”

“Is that what they tell you?”  She shook the gun in her hand, “You have five seconds, start moving back to the snowmobile and drive us to the lab or I will shoot you.  You’re a good friend Scott, I don’t want that friendship to end here.”

He began moving back to the snowmobile and with the gun trained on him the entire time sat down on the seat.  “You try to drive off without me, I’ll shoot.  And I won’t miss.”  She then reached down and grabbed Jessie off the ground.  She made sure Jessie was snug in the coat and hopped onto the back of the snowmobile with Jessie propped between her body and Scott’s in front of her.  She then wrapped an arm around Scott’s chest and kept the other behind him, making it clear the gun was still there.  With that the engine started and they drove off, leaving the Professor and his snowmobile behind.